I Love to Tell the Story

Friday, October 17, 2014

"I love to tell the story of unseen things above,
of Jesus and His glory, of Jesus and His love.
I love to tell the story, because I know 'tis true;
it satisfies my longings as nothing else can do."

God began writing His story for us long before we were born.  He's been writing your story too.  As Russ and I embarked on the most difficult part of our story thus far, nothing has satisfied me more than telling God's story.  The story of His love giving Him the glory!

"I love to tell the story;
'Tis pleasant to repeat
What seems each time I tell it,
More wonderfully sweet."



It is with complete gratitude and shock that I share the story of His love once again.  Russ, Millie Janalee, and I welcomed Smith Russell Johnson into our family on October 13 at 8:36 pm.  A beautiful 6 pound 12 ounce baby boy measuring 19 inches long.  He was greeted by the love of a precious young woman and a gentle young man who hold onto a part of our hearts just as the couple who went before them did in July of 2012.  Two precious souls who are a part of our life forever - because we share a love for this sweet boy- our son - Smith.


"From His abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another."  John 1:16


Giving thanks to God for this life and the privilege of telling His story..."more wonderfully sweet" each time I tell it. To God be the glory, great things He has done!

"I love to tell the story,
'Twill be my theme in glory
To tell the old, old story
of Jesus and His love"

post signature

10 comments:

Jamie @ The Jamie's + 1 said...

He is perfect. Congrats!

Unknown said...

I just love this! It makes me smile every time I see him...and your family. Being a mom is such a blessing. I'm so happy that you are getting to experience that again. :-)

Jennisa said...

OH MY OH MY OH MY!!!!! Congrats to you!!! Can't wait for the new blog design ;)

maureen said...

Yay, oh Yay!!! I am so happy for your family! What a sweet baby boy!

And I absolutely love his name!! Congratulations! Praise God for His glorious blessings!

maureen said...

Yay, oh Yay!!! I am so happy for your family! What a sweet baby boy!

And I absolutely love his name!! Congratulations! Praise God for His glorious blessings!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful!

B said...

Congratulations!! Smith is beautiful and has a proud big sister. Can't wait to hear more about Smith in the coming blogs - and see the cute siblings matching :)

Val @ It's Always Sunny in Somerville said...

That's wonderful! Congratulations to your family!

Unknown said...

Many Congrats on another precious baby

Tamara James said...

Oh my word this just made my day! Congratulations, he is perfect. Happy hearts all around!!