Seven Months

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sweet Baby J,

Yesterday marked seven months since we were approved to adopt.  It seems like I just wrote your six month letter...and now, here I am writing a seven month one!  Wow!  Your daddy and I have stayed pretty busy this past month.  I think staying busy is the best thing to keep us sane while we wait on your arrival.

Your daddy turned 30 since our last letter.  Yes!  30!  We had a fabulous celebration that lasted over two days!  In fact, our living room is STILL decorated with balloons and a Happy Birthday banner!  We celebrated with both sides of the family, and we were quite successful in embarrassing him and torturing him.  Bless his heart!  You would have loved it, I'm sure!  Hopefully, you will be here for his next birthday.  But, I must tell you that it will be quite a while before we put him through anything like that again!  Ha!  I wish you had been there, because he might not have been such a grumpy old man.  It does make for one hilarious story though! 


Your daddy joined your granddaddy and your uncles on a fun trip to Montana.  They went snowmobiling!  Doesn't that sound fun!?  They had a blast, and I'm pretty sure they still haven't told us everything that happened.  While the boys were away, the girls did play.  Ha!  I went with your SuSu and Aunt Kristin (and her college roommate) to Gatlinburg.  We played around and ate lots of good food.  You'll get to know, soon enough, that our food is pretty important to us.  Especially on vacation!  We certainly all thought about you while we were on vacation, though.  When we planned these trips, I wondered if you would make your appearance before we left or while we were gone.  I guess when you are waiting to adopt, you always have those thought when making future plans.  Obviously, you waited. 

Your daddy brought you "happies" from West Yellowstone.
For the record, we will be home until the summer.  There is plenty of time for you to join us.  Just sayin'! 

We watched a fellow blogger bring her twin babies home this past month.  They have patiently waited for about a year and a half...and have been through a lot.  I'm so excited for them!  At first, I checked her blog daily to see those sweet faces.  It's surreal to think that one day, they were going about their everyday business....and the next day, they were parenting TWO baby girls!  Wow!  Only one reason adoption is so exciting and special!  You, sweet little one, are a part of something wonderful!  And, I am honored to be a part of your story!  God has big plans for you.  This I know.

We have been blessed by so many who are lifting you, your birthmother, and our little family up in prayer.  Your prayer warriors have consistently prayed for you for nearly a year now.  I hope you grow to understand how blessed we are to welcome you in such a way.  You are longed for, waited for, and prayed for!  We can NOT wait to share you with all those who have been praying for you!  We can't wait for the day that we can show your picture and let everyone know how wonderful it is to trust Him with our future!  Your sweet story is such a testimony!  And, we are already so proud of you and who you will become! 

All we need now is...YOU!  So come on, Baby J!  We are waiting!  And praying!  And waiting!  And praying!  We are ready!

Love,
Mama

post signature

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Your letters are so sweet. Praying your little Baby J comes home very soon!