All three visits last year were complete successes!
This year, our schedule is kinda insane. Which is our normal actually. So we decided to visit Santa early...the weekend after Thanksgiving. Russ was working, so I got Millie Janalee bathed and dressed for the big man himself, and we stood in a very lengthy line at a local gift shop in our hometown. Halfway through the line, my sweet Christmas angel began to get antsy. I felt the same way, but I wasn't strapped to a stroller. Bless her heart! By the time we made our way to the front of the line, my mom had arrived just in time to assist with "smile and photo duty."
Here's the story of what happened...
Once upon a time, there was a sweet, beautiful baby girl who was not a fan of sitting on Santa's lap. At all. She tried with all her might to get off that red velvet suit and away from the white fuzzy fur.
Try as she might, she could not get loose. It was her mother that put here there, and it was her mother who stood behind the guy with the camera making silly noises and faces trying to get the baby girl to smile...like that was gonna happen!
It was the mother who, after the torture had reached an all-time high, finally offered to sit in the picture in hopes of a calm happy baby girl. One who doesn't leave traumatized by Santa, but one who loves Santa and can't wait for his visit to her home.
It was this mother who decided these pictures are my favorites so far. So although the pictures look like a very unsuccessful trip to Santa's lap, I will mark this in my books as a SUCCESS as far as memories go. Nervous sweat and all!
Millie Janalee may not agree.





1 comment:
IT was alllll because Santa was sitting in a houndstooth covered chair. She KNEW he wasn't a Bulldog.
And don't worry, EVERY Mother has done this. It's too funny. My oldest was TERRIFIED for about 2 years but she grew out of it. We haven't seen him yet this year so I'm interested to see how the 2 year old handles it. I'm assuming about as well as MJJ!
Post a Comment