'Tis the Season for Catching Up and Caroling

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

One of my favorite things about coming home for Christmas is the time I have to catch up with friends. My group of high school friends always gets together during Christmas to visit and eat. Well...we are learning as more of us are marrying and moving off that getting together is more difficult. So, this year...the four of us who had one common day free had lunch. Season, Katy, Prentiss, and I had lunch at Pizza Grocery today. It is always so fun catching up with these girls. I usually learn a whole lot about what's been going on too! Hometown friends are irreplaceable. They know things that no one else does. They have watched you grow up and seen you at your best and worst. I hope our holiday visits continue as the years pass. Thanks for your friendships, girls! Love ya'll!

Season, me, Prentiss, and Katy

Tonight, my family had a pleasant surprise! Everyone had just gotten home from work, shopping, etc. We were actually getting ready to head out to eat when our doorbell rang. What a surprise - CAROLERS! I love caroling!! That was one of my favorite things to do when I was younger. Our girl scout troop would carol together every year. So much fun! A family from our church had gotten together and gone caroling around town. Taylor and his brother played the guitar as the rest of the family sang Christmas carols. Now, it definitely feels like Christmas!

The Little family

Russ, me, Kellie, and Taylor
(Farley, too!)

post signature

2 comments:

Roan said...

Russ looks so scholarly in his new glasses! Can't wait to see them tomorrow in person.
I need to stop blogging and get back to cooking! :)

Taylor, Kellie, Morgan, Millie, and Mary Phillips said...

Now I thought we had a little agreement that these would not be on your blog Mrs. Megan!! Shame on you! Ha! Glad we could make it feel a bit more like Christmas! Merry Christmas!