Pajama and Breakfast Bunko

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

As I've said before, a group of present and past Van Winkle teachers get together once a month for Bunko! We always have so much fun visiting, venting, and catching up. This month was my month to host. I decided on a relaxed pajamas and breakfast bunko night. It was a good choice, if I do say so myself! Everyone wore their pj's, and I served breakfast food. I love breakfast food, so I was happy. I rarely fix breakfast because I get up so early for school and it's just Russ and me. Cereal or Pop Tarts is our breakfast of choice. So, I really enjoyed tonight. Russ was playing with his camera and snapped a few shots of the spread. Unfortunately, he ran away from home while all the girls came over, and we weren't able to get a group picture.

My dishtowel that Russ's sister made for me. Love it!

Mixed fruit tossed in my Southern Living at HOME hurricane.

Pigs in a blanket waiting to go in the oven.

Fruit, bananas, and cute napkins

Baby can drinks in my Southern Living at HOME entertaining bucket and stand.

For the main dish, I fixed a breakfast casserole. It was in the oven during this photo shoot, so we don't have a picture of it. However, I will share the recipe. It's fabulous!

Breakfast Casserole

6 slices white bread, no crust and torn into small pieces
1/2 stick butter
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
5 eggs beaten well
2 cups half and half
1 lb. browned sausage
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dry mustard


Melt butter in a 9 x 13 dish. Layer bread, cooked sausage, and cheese. Mix half and half with beaten eggs, salt, and dry mustard. Pour over layers. Chill overnight. Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes.


Farley couldn't wait for a house full of guests!
post signature

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful hostess and a great night of fun. Everything was beautiful and Farley was a precious addition to the PJ party. Thank you, Megan.

LG said...

SO PRECIOUS!!!!! :-)

Roan said...

The fruit looks so pretty in that hurricane!
Fun!

Anonymous said...

I love all your decor- so cute!

I am for sure not 5k ready. I can only do what my body will allow me to do- which is not much running at this point :)
All I can do is pray not to be last! ha

Hope you guys have a safe trip- see you Saturday- bright and early! :)

Charlie and Jamie Smith said...

russ is becoming quite the photographer!

love yall - COME VISIT

ARE YALL GOING TO BE IN STARKVILLE THIS WEEKEND?