JSU Country

Saturday, September 5, 2009

As most of you know, I teach in the heart of "JSU Country." So it should be no surprise that the excitement was up this week as JSU prepared to play State for the first time in history. Of course, being outnumbered at school, a few of us have been given a hard time. Lots of teasing and "play bets" on who would win. So, Friday, our principal gave us permission to sport our team attire - JSU or State. Friday morning I came into our area of the building to hearing "We Will Rock You" playing from my fellow JSU colleague. I did what any loyal State fan would do! I ran to my room and blared the MSU fight song from my classroom all morning. Every new visitor would have a nice treat upon entering! It was quite fun! And the kids loved it! Of course, when I talked about Mississippi State, they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about! Most have never even heard of it before!

Teaching in JSU Country is not always easy! Ha!

post signature

No comments: