Mighty Yaya Priestesses

Friday, March 1, 2013


"We are the flames of the fires, the whirling of the winds.  We are the waters of the rains and the rivers and the oceans.  We are the rocks and stones.  And now by the power invested in me, I declare we are the mighty Ya-Ya priestesses.  Let no man put us under.  Now our blood flows through each other as it's done for all eternity.  Loyal forever.  We raise our voices in the words of Mumbo Gumbo...YA-YA!"


 You may remember Millie Janalee's initiation into the sacred Yaya sisterhood in August.  That was nearly 7 months ago!  As Millie Janalee continues to enjoy all the rights and privileges that come with the sacred and mighty sisterhood, we pause for the weekend as we welcome our newest Junior Yaya!


Each time a Yaya child gets engaged, the Yayas come together to plan the biggest Yaya initiation known to mankind.  The Yaya Bachelorette Party!  The newest engaged couple belongs to Yaya Hope.  Her son will marry Yaya-to-be Leann.  And, this weekend, we will celebrate and initiate this Yaya wannabe.  Whether she wants us to or not actually.  Haha!


Millie Janalee will not be joining us for such festivities as I'm quite sure the weekend will be unsuitable for a seven month old, but she's heard stories.  So she knows to go ahead and laugh at all the crazy antics to come.  She's also giddy with excitement that her Uncie Bucket and She She are coming to keep her for the weekend.  I've been busy getting the typed pages of instruction posted on the refrigerator, bagging and labeling her baby food for each meal, labeling her nighttime diapers, and cleaning sheets.  I've tried to organize the house before their arrival, but I'm sure I will not complete that task.  In the midst of the hustling around last night, I somehow managed to get Tulip paint...BLACK Tulip paint...squirted all over me in the line at Walmart.  All I wanted to do was pick up something for my bachelorette party uniform and a bottle of paint for my sister.  When...POW...I was hit with black paint through a hole I didn't see.  The entire 268 people in line for the 3 registers open at 11:00 pm screamed, "OOOOOHHHHH!"  Yep.  That was me.  I got in the car to find Russ consoling a crying baby, and I couldn't touch her or anything else because the clerk did not have and would not offer to find a paper towel for me to wipe off with.  I was in too much of a rush to go all the way to the bathroom to clean off.  I will spare you the details, but when I got home I found black paint all over my lips, neck, cheeks, shirt, jacket, and purse.  The lady also stuck the other bottle of paint that had been squirted as well into my bag with the rest of my purchases.  She gets an F for her services and accomodations.  Anyway, you can get an idea of how my last few days have gone.  I'm in desperate need of a Yaya partay!  And the Yayas know how to throw one!


I've had quite the happy day today though!  Number one...my days are always happy playing with this sweet girl.  But, today she has learned to clap on command...or when I say "Yaaaay!"  So I have enjoyed a day full of constant applause!  Don't you wish you had that?  Ha!  I'm feeling very proud every time I do something and hear that applause for a job well done.  Yaaaaaay for me!

Yay Mama!
 Although Millie Janalee is very sad that she cannot join us for this big weekend, she understands that every Yaya has her turn.  And no celebrations can ever be combined.  That's in the handbook.  So, she will have her day.  For now, she will enjoy a weekend full of who knows what with Uncie Bucket.  Ha!


I'm pretty sure she's not ready to hang with the Yayas yet anyway.  You must be confident enough to unashamedly wear your Yaya headdress at all times.  No matter where you are.  Millie Janalee was not feeling this big ball of tulle atop her sweet head.  Not at all.





So, here's to Leann and the rest of the Yaya and Junior Yaya priestesses!  May our Yaya Bachelorette Party be forever in our favor...and may no man put us under!  YA-YA!

P.S.  And may our pregnant Junior Yaya, Natalie, not go into labor until AFTER we return safely home.  Amen.
post signature

1 comment:

Renea Wall said...

Sweet baby girl! Love these pics Megan!