Monday morning, my mom and I decided to make a trip to the dreaded Walmart. I seriously hate going to that place. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been this year. It's rare. But, we decided Millie Janalee needed a little baby pool. And we needed ice. And other things to grill burgers at the last minute. We came home and gave Pawpaw instructions to "put this pool together as fast as you can." He was thrilled. Especially when he realized he didn't even have a hose in the backyard. Millie Janalee helped him a little, and we began filling the pool as soon as we had it in the perfect place.
I put Millie Janalee in her first swimsuit of the season, and she was ready to dive in! The girl had a ball! Seriously. Besides the one time we thought she nearly drowned, she was on top of the world. Oh...and I just couldn't resist picking up a swim noodle while we were at Walmart. My mom laughed that it was bigger than the pool, but who doesn't love a swim noodle at the pool?!
After the one scary water incident, I decided to stand in the pool with Millie Janalee while she played. I really just should've put my suit on and enjoyed some sun on my back. But I never got around to that part. We splished and splashed until the burgers were ready. And until I dropped my phone in the pool. Don't worry. It survived thanks to the bowl of brown rice. I can't say as much after I sent the dear phone on a swim in the ocean last week.
But that's another story for another time.
Then it was Russ's turn.
Another fun surprise was a last minute visit from my cousin, his wife, and their new baby girl. Hughes and Darby are two weeks apart - both redheads. Millie Janalee enjoyed meeting Kellie Jo and seeing Casey again. She also loved looking at the new "bebbies."
Eventually, Millie Janalee decided she wanted to visit where the party was. So we let her swing while the grown-ups visited. The swing nearly put her to sleep. Which was an amazing plan actually! Kristin and Lee also brought Hughes over to meet Casey's little family.
| Just swingin' |
| Susu, Hughes, and Kristin |
![]() |
| MawMaw holding Darby for the first time |
![]() |
| Mommy and baby |
| Sweet red heads! |
| Daddy and Casey enjoying some homemade orange Crush ice cream |
![]() |
| Kristin's little family |
| My sweet family and a sleeping baby girl |
Millie Janalee loves being around "Kah Kaaaay" and "Bwee". She's starting to really love hugging all over "Huss" too. I think I'll make mention here of how much I absolutely ADORE hearing her talk in her own little toddler language. Now I know how some of these grandparents end up with hilarious names. Because we start talking like she does and then it sticks.
Let's see, we've gone from:
- Auntie Kristin and Uncie Lee to "Kah Kaaaay" and "Bwee"
- Hughes to "Huss"
- Uncie Bucket to "Buckkkk"
- Aunt Clancy to "Clay"
- Granmomma to "Mamama"
Hughes has pretty much learned to avoid eye contact unless he wants the "petting" from Millie Janalee. Ha! Russ had to work the next day, so we made a late night of it before heading home. Millie Janalee couldn't believe our Memorial Day weekend was coming to an end...
What a fun one it was!







2 comments:
I love the way you dress your daughter. I'm always searching for old-fashioned baby clothes for my niece. I hope you don't mind me asking, but where do you shop for your daughter's clothes?
Oh Angela! I shop all kinds of places! Ha! Rarely full price in a boutique. Most all my shopping is online or Facebook.
Post a Comment