One Week

Wednesday, October 22, 2014


Believe it or not, this precious boy was ONE WEEK OLD on Monday!  Can you believe it?  I think Russ and I are still getting over the shock of such a blessing...much less realizing he's one week old.  Smith is such a special joy in our home.  Well, not in our home yet.  We are still staying at my parents' house until all the interstate paperwork is completed.  We can't leave the state with him until we get the go-ahead from Bethany.  So we are hunkered down in my hometown soaking in his first little week of life.  Soon we will get to welcome him HOME.  To his bed and his swing and his closet.  We will introduce him to Farley and live our life as a new Party of FOUR!


This first week has been packed full for our little man.  We scheduled newborn pictures one night, met lots and lots of family, met a few friends, took our first trip to the doctor for a checkup.  Thankfully, I did ask our pediatrician friend in town about a two week checkup in case we were still here.  She wanted to see him sooner.  That's when we found out he was a little jaundice.  We have spent the last several days under a bili blanket and getting heel pricks each morning.  His levels have gone down a little each day. We are now off the blanket and no more heel pricks unless we notice more yellowing.  We took our first stroll in the new double stroller...which is like a minivan but not!  LOL.  We spent lots of time snuggling. And a little time figuring out our days and nights.  He's 50/50 on that one, which is pretty good!  We got great sleep last night.  Millie Janalee is adjusting well to her "baby bruvver".  We just keep him strapped in his swing real well so she doesn't try to dump him out.  Ha!  She loves to give him kisses and take peeks at him throughout the day.  I love seeing my babies together.


His weight had gone down to 6 lbs 7 oz at his appointment, although I don't know how.  Smith is a superb eater!  Like, at 7 days old he started taking 4 ounces each bottle and sucked them dry!  He eats every 4 hours.  His face is already filling out and changing daily.  I'm remembering what it feels like to want to bottle up these newborn days.  Be still my heart!


He is absolutely perfect.
post signature

3 comments:

Jamie @ The Jamie's + 1 said...

He is so handsome. Congrats to you and your sweet family!

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean! Want to soak in these sweet snuggle, smooshy days. David said the other night he wasn't sure he liked newborns b/c you can't figure out what they want and maybe they don't really want anything when they cry. I guess there is something different about mama's because I LOVE these newborn days. So, so happy for y'all!!!

Joy said...

He is SOOOO cute! I'm still in shock when I see pictures of him that you post!! But, I LOVE it!