The kids woke up Sunday morning to fun surprises from the Easter Bunny. It's more fun each year to watch Millie Janalee's reaction since she is becoming more and more aware of what is going on around her. I carried her down the stairs, and she said "For meeee?!" So fun!
And of course, we were elated to celebrate Smith's first Easter! Such a special day. He donned the traditional "Baby's First Easter bunny ears" and he was so happy to do so. I love him so!
Russ and I enjoyed watching Millie Janalee help Smith look through his little Easter basket. Gosh, I love watching them interact. Even when they are hitting each other, it just fills my heart and makes me smile. Thankful, thankful. All the time!
Russ and I did the typical rushing around trying to get everyone ready in their Easter Sunday best without speaking harshly to each other. We may have lived on the edge there at the end, but I managed a few pictures of the kids fussing...actually it was more like Smith trying to grab Millie Janalee with a huge smile on his face while she pouted and tried to keep him from touching her dress. Don't tell me I'm the only one with that kind of Easter morning!
We picked them up from the nursery, and Millie Janalee had made a sweet and yummy craft in Sunday school. She was devastated when she found out she couldn't eat the donut that was attached with glue. But she soon forgot. And I managed to get a cheerful picture of my sweet Easter bunnies!
| Smith and Millie Janalee 2015 |
| Smith and Hughes |
Becoming a mother of two changes things all across the board. One of those things is my own Easter dress. Russ and I just grabbed something from our closets and threw it on. At least the kids were perfectly planned and picture perfect. I wouldn't change if for the world! THIS is what I was made for! God created me to be Russ's wife and mother to Millie Janalee and Smith. What else He has planned...we will just have to watch and see. But I know it will be immeasurably more!
Happy Easter...months later!

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment