'Twas the night before kindergarten when all through the house...there was excitement and a crazy mama trying to make it special! Even with five months to prepare for the first day back to school...it still snuck up on me. I found myself rummaging through piles of books to find The Night Before Kindergarten to read to Smith. I was busily gathering things for our special breakfast and getting clothes ironed. What have I been doing all this time?! Ha!
One of the sweetest things our teachers give the kindergartners each year is Jitter Glitter to put under their pillow at night to help them sleep. Smith was so excited about it and was completely sold on how well it would help him sleep!
Y'all. He's just so stinkin' cute! I know I'm biased, but look at him! I teared up more than once when I just sat still and pondered how big he is getting. I have taken trips down memory lane looking at photos from his first and second year of life. I was tired. Didn't even soak in what I should have between his screaming. He has ALWAYS kept us on our toes. But look at how he has grown! I miss that beautiful precious chubby baby with the white blonde curls and tiny chin. Oh I could eat him up.
But let's be honest. I still could eat him up nearly every day. He smiles so easily and loves life so much! Every night at dinner I ask the kids for the worst and best part of their day. Smith nearly every time says, "Everything" was his best part. We love him so and can't wait to see him grow!
All the clothes were laid out and the table was set!






No comments:
Post a Comment