Show Us Your Life: Favorite Bible Verse

Friday, July 9, 2010

Kelly's Korner is doing her Friday blog carnival again, and this week we are to share our favorite bible verse. This is easy for me, in some ways, but hard in others. There are so many verses that have helped comfort me, shield me, and guide me through the years.

"God is able to do immeasurably more than we could ever ask or imagine." Ephesians 3:20

This verse keeps me going many days...which is why you find it on the sidebar of my blog. This has been a long journey of infertility. And, although I had many days when I just didn't think I could wait any longer, I could look at this verse and remember that He is able to do more than I could possibly dream. Upon talking with Abbey from Landlife, she has given so much encouragement for me as we pray about our next steps to parenthood. The statement she shared with me (and that I have, in turn, shared with several other women in my position) is that "God WILL give us the desires of our heart because he promises to do so. He just changed [her] desires." She now is the mother of one little boy and waiting to bring TWO more sons home from Taiwan. God has done immeasurably more for her and I know he will for us too. There is no way she could have imagined the blessings God provided for her.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23-24

I have spoken about this before here. I am a people pleaser by nature. In life, in relationships, and in my job. What I have found and learned is that although pleasing others is a wonderful feeling, it is nothing compared to the feeling of pleasing our Heavenly Father. There are times when people's expectations are way off from what I feel is best. These are the times when decisions can be easy. Simply do all your work with all your heart as working for the Lord...not for men. We are servants of Christ, and we should live our life as such. So, this has been a great verse to keep me on track...especially during my teaching.

What is your favorite verse? Link up with Kelly's Korner and share!

4 comments:

Newlywed Next Door said...

Coming over from Kelly's Korner.

I love that Ephesians verse! It's so true that God is able to do so much for for us that we could ever even ask for. It's so encouraging to remember that our God is an awesome God!

The Culpepper's said...

This is such an inspiring post! I am more in love with my Father than I ever imagined I could be and I am so thankful to be so blessed thus far. Keep on keepin on!

Coach's Wife said...

I love that verse too. What a cool thing for all of us to share in each other's favorite verses and to grow stronger in the Lord through the experience. Thank you for sharing!
Amy

JEff said...

I'm still praying for your family, Megan. I know He will give you the desires of your heart, and I cannot wait to rejoice with you when He does! (I'm sure it would be helpful to know WHEN He'll do it!)