But, first things first! Tailgating!
We took our normal spots beneath our four tents, grilled out, and enjoyed the company of our regular group.
Hoping for a victory, we happily relaxed as we welcomed visitors throughout the day to visit, eat, and take a seat to enjoy more college football on the TV.
I used to say that tailgating was the best part of football season. You can see why, I'm sure! It is always a time for friends to get together from all over the state to celebrate one single love....Mississippi State football!
Then, there is the Dawg Walk. That's pretty high up there this year. It has been fun welcoming this hard working, winning, sold out, and RANKED team and coaches!
Then, we come back to what USED to be the best part of MSU football...the tailgate! We visit some more, watch more football on TV, and eat more food! We laugh more, watch fans pass by, and anxiously await kickoff!
Finally, it's game time. Now, let me speak for myself when I say that NOW....NOW that we are playing football with a few "W's" under our belt and a number preceding our name on the ESPN score bar....NOW that we are proud, unified, and pushing forward and movin' up....NOW the actual football game is just as much fun as the tailgating! I'd go with the word AWESOME, ENERGETIC, and LOUD! I love it!!
This week, "Dan the Man" spoke before the game to encourage all our fans to ring responsibly. I must tell you that WE DID A PHENOMENAL job ringing only when prompted. I'm thinking we won't be fined after all! Ha!
But, when it was time to ring...we RANG! Mama thought this through as she brought one glove for her ringing hand. This is to avoid blisters, in case you weren't sure. Ha!
Yes, we were excited! We were ready! Oh...and it was Halloween weekend as well. I guess you could say Daddy was ready!
The game was incredible. It was close and action packed! I'd even go as far as to say that "Bully" got a little nervous...
Go Dawgs!
2 comments:
I can not tell you how much I appreciate your posts on MSU football games.
It has been hard to miss out on this season. This is our first season to miss, but Matthew and I are having fun cheering the dawgs on from home. We're looking forward to being back next year!
We had to miss Saturday night's game but we were there in spirit and, of course, ringing our cowbells throughout the game because we were at home. =) Hoping for a week of rest for the team and coaches and reflection on their late teammate, Nick Bell. Bama better be ready because these boys will be playing for Nick. And with Nick looking on from up above, I'm sure God will be on our side! GO STATE!!!
Post a Comment