Baby J's Room in Progress

Friday, September 2, 2011

 So, we have no idea when the call might come for us to pick up our sweet Baby J...or to meet his or her birthparent(s).  For now, we are going on with life as best we can.  With the constant thought of possibilities in the back of my mind!  Trust me.  It'll drive you crazy sometimes!  Ha!  I started my new job at The Square Cupboard, and it's keeping me pretty busy.  Football season has started, which brings a new excitement into our home.  And, I can keep myself busy preparing a sweet place for our little one.  I got a little crafty this week, and decided to try out this craft.


So, I stopped by JoAnn's and picked up a foam wreath, yarn, and a piece of felt.  That would be an inexpensive addition to the baby's room, I thought.

Supplies
Tie knot in the back to start.
It's amazing what hot glue will do!
Looking good!
 I'm very happy with the finished product!  Take a look for yourself...


As for the rest of the room...there have been a few additions since I last shared.  Please excuse the stark white walls.  So goes the life of apartment dwelling.  We are still working on the walls, but the main attractions are in place.  Well, all the main attractions except, you know, the baby part!

Crib and curtains!

Dresser, glider, and window painting by Aunt Kristin
 We also had a special delivery last week...

Car seat and stroller!
 Aunt Jenny and Granmomma are working on the crib skirt, and I got a sneak peek of cute accessories in the making from Jenny today!  We are all just chomping at the bit!  The call can't be soon enough, but we know it is in God's time.  Until then, we pray for patience!

Praying for more...

post signature

6 comments:

Joy said...

Love the colors! Still praying for the little one!

Anonymous said...

You may not be the one carrying the child but you sure are the one pregnant. lol I love those colors. If you would have told me green and orange I would think ewww but OMG they look wonderful the way you have them together. A beautiful room for a very loved child.

Oh, I used the same stroller...loooooooved it!

Kellie Berry said...

so excited for you two!! I WANT THAT ROOM!! you MUST do a where you got it post (or just tell me)!! :)

Haven said...

Such a cute nursery! I love all the green and orange! May Baby J come soon!

Abby said...

MEGAN!!! i LOVE the square cupboard and my jamie!! i know you two are having a blast together! Please tell her that Meridian (& me)says hello!

Sara Dantin said...

Love the decorations! You're so creative to make an apartment bedroom look so warm and inviting :) Beau and I have been thinking and praying for you and Russ - love all of the updates.