Saturday's Sentences

Saturday, October 8, 2011

  • I'm SO glad that my beloved Bulldogs pulled off a "W" today.  I worked all day and couldn't find a live stream online, so I had to settle for radio.  The first half was almost unbearable!  I was so frustrated with our inability to get ANYTHING going offensively!  Thank goodness for "Dan the Man's" willingness to give a good talking to at halftime and switch quarterbacks.  We finally got a spark!  Next week, we battle it out with South Carolina at home.  Of course, I'm excited about another gameday in Starkvegas, but I must admit...I'm expecting our team to do some serious work this week!  Go Dawgs!
  • I was giddy to have the opportunity to meet a new "friend", Barbara, today via the telephone.  Let's see if I can get the background information correct.  Barbara and Roan were sorority sisters years ago.  Barbara reads Roan's blog.  She also reads my blog through Roan's blog.  She noticed a link to The Square Cupboard one day on my blog.  Apparently, she has been following The Square Cupboard's blog since then.  For those of you who don't know, I write the blogs for The Square Cupboard, and I work there.  So, Barbara calls the store today to order a birthday gift for her family member.  Oh yeah, did I mention she lives in Connecticut?!  When I heard the strange zip code, I got nosy and asked where she was located.  Then, I got even nosier and asked how she had heard of our blog from such a long distance.  She continued to tell me about Roan and her sister-in-law, Megan (that's me).  At that moment, I started yelling, "I'm Megan!  I'm Megan!"  So, at this point, we start talking about my blog, Baby J, and her encounter with the one and only MckMama.  This lady cracks me up, and it was such fun to meet her and talk to her, even if it was by phone.  So, Barbara, I'm so glad you called!  Here's your shout-out!  Maybe we'll actually meet in person one day.  Ha!
  • The hubs and I spent the evening in SEC football overload.  Unfortunately, we don't get ESPNU, so we missed the Alabama vs. Vandy game.  I saw the score and figured we didn't miss much.  But, we did spend the rest of our night flipping between the Auburn vs. Arkansas game and Georgia vs. Tennessee.  Both were great!  For the record, I cheered for Arkansas and Tennessee.  No idea why, except maybe because we lost to Auburn and Georgia recently.  Don't you love my logic!?  During our SEC frenzy and while I was glued to the games, my hubby spent a good bit of that time cleaning his gun.  It was a true Southern Saturday night, I guess.
  • I joined my sister and dad at Mistletoe Merchants yesterday.  It was my first time, and I must tell you that it was grand!  I'm used to Mistletoe Marketplace in Jackson.  Shoulder to shoulder crowd with waaaaaaay too many merchants to count.  There were just enough merchants and just the right number of shoppers to make me feel relaxed and enjoy the whole event.  I probably could have stayed much longer than we did, but I ran out of money.  Plus, I have three other similar events, and I need to spread out my Christmas shopping among them.  It was a pleasant day.
  • Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has purchased a "Praying for More" t-shirt!  We have been incredibly blessed by your generosity and prayers for our little family.  I ordered our last batch of shirts last week, and I love the fall ones!  If you ordered in the last month, your shirts are probably in.  I have mailed a few out already.  Send your payment (along with $4.95 if you need it shipped) to me and I'll get your shirt to you ASAP!  If you live in C-town, your shirts are probably at my parents' house.  I think Kristin, my sister, has arranged a "Bulldogs Praying for More" photo op at the South Carolina game.  If you want to bring your maroon shirt to the game, meet us at our family tent and get your picture made with us!  I'm not sure of specifics, but if you know Kristin, get with her.  If not, I'll try to find out what her plans are!  Oh, and bring your cowbells!
  • Russ and I will head to our hometown to take senior portraits for a family friend tomorrow afternoon.  We have two other "appointments" this month.  Next Sunday, we have family portraits to take for our sweet friends, the Jefcoats.  Then, the weekend after that, Russ is taking bridal portraits for another family friend.  Lots going on this month!  It's fall y'all, and 76 days until Christmas!  WOW!  Bring on the busy-ness!
post signature

No comments: