Charity Ball 2012

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

So, this past weekend was a bit busy for the hubs and myself.  We drove over 360 miles combined in between Russ's call schedule, spent time with friends and family, and enjoyed our hometown church's Palm Sunday service.  We had a ball this weekend!

Literally...

One scary crew
The local Junior Auxiliary hosts an annual event each year to raise money.  Although Russ and I have been invited for a few years previously, we have never been able to attend.  When Jenny called and wanted us to go with them, I coaxed Russ to rearrange his schedule so we could attend.  Even if it was to spend some much needed "fun time" with my sister-in-law and her hubby.

Party of Two
Jenny and I both waited until the very last second finding dresses to wear.  I mean, guys have it so easy!  Shirt, suit, tie, socks.  And the tie is really the only thing they actually have to pick out.  But, in my humble opinion, I think we managed pretty well.

Jeff and Jenny
We met at Kristin and Lee's for a little pre-party time of visiting and waiting on another couple.  When we finally got the text that the clinic had closed, and the final part of our group was ready...we began taking our "prom pictures."  Ha!  After all that, I felt like I needed a corsage!

Me and Jenny
We enjoyed a night full of amazing food, much deserved recognitions, seeing people we haven't seen in a while, visiting, the silent auction, dancing to an incredible band, and making memories!  I'm pretty sure I have the best sister-in-laws and brother-in-laws around.  Hands down!

Me and Prentiss
One of the great things about events in our hometown is the opportunity to see high school friends!  Prentiss and Mary Elizabeth are both JA members, and they did a wonderful job helping to make the  night fun for all.  I'm sure the MAJOR hail storm outside was not in their plans.  But, I've just gotta say that I never knew that happened until I heard the reports later.  Like after the band stopped at 1 o'clock Sunday morning.

Our "after party" look...sweat and all!
The boys didn't seem to be tired (or sore) at all!
I'm pretty sure we shut the place down as JA members raced around trying to clean up and head home!  Ha!  Russ and I enjoyed meeting new people, visiting with old friends, and spending some fun time together.

Me, Mary Elizabeth, and Prentiss

All in all...we had a ball!
post signature

No comments: