Today marks eight months since your daddy and I were approved to become adoptive parents. It's crazy to think that it's been a year since we announced our plans to adopt. I remember it like it was yesterday. We sent cards out to our close friends and family asking them to pray for our patience as we wait, for your birthmother as she travels this difficult journey, and for YOU! Man, have we felt those prayers! A year ago, when we announced the beginning of this journey, we were overwhelmed with the response: calls, texts, emails, blog comments, and the demand for our "Praying for More" shirts. Overwhelmed completely! We never felt more loved and supported. To this day, we have been carried through every day of these past eight months by precious prayers lifted on our behalf. We could never ever express how thankful we are for every thought, prayer, kind word, hug, email, card, and gift given to us by those who have joined us on this journey.
So many people know about you! You are one special little one. You are a special child that is thought about, prayed for, longed for, talked about, cried over, dreamed about, prepared for, and loved indescribably! It's amazing how much love I have for you...this child I have never met, never felt kick, never heard or seen your heartbeat, and have no idea your due date! God is good. All the time! He has given me this love for you...a sweet Baby J that is growing in my heart instead of my belly. Adoption truly is a miracle. And, I have not even met you yet! I'm overwhelmed at the miracle yet to be seen! I can only imagine. And, trust me, I DO! I try to imagine it all the time!
God has used your story already. Before you are even here, He has used your story to touch and reach others.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you to be a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5We have met and grown closer to many families waiting to adopt or just starting their journey. I am so happy that God is using your story to touch other families as they make the beautiful decision to start out on this journey of faith and trust. I told you that God has big plans for you! I just wish you could see it. I'm trying to remember everything, or at least blog about things, so that I can remember to tell you every detail. I pray that you continue to allow God to use you in big ways all your life. I pray that you learn to trust Him with everything and allow Him to write your story.
This past month has had some tough days and wonderful days. Some days have just been hard to get through as I try to get to the next day...in case the next day is THE DAY. It's easy to get down. But, I am always reminded of all that we have to be thankful for. Your Aunt Roan has lifted you up more this month than ever. She was diagnosed with breast cancer, had a major surgery, and is now cancer free! That is a lot to take in in one month. But, she lifted your sweet self up in prayer the entire time. She said that she used it as an anecdote for her fear and stress...praying for others. I was so humbled and overwhelmed by her love for you and our family. I can't wait for her and all the others to meet you - the answer to their earnest prayers.
This weekend, we will celebrate Easter with our families. Saturday, we will join the Johnson side of the family and many friends at the annual Easter egg hunt Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Roan host. I look forward to having as much fun as I always do in hopes that you will be with us next year. We will celebrate Easter at our hometown church Sunday morning. This service is always so special! I have pictured you in your little Easter outfit, and I can't wait to see what you actually look like to complete my picture. After lunch, the "big kids" on the Smith side will have our annual Easter egg hunt. It's a pretty big deal, and you will not be able to participate in this hunt. It could be very dangerous for you! Ha! There are so many things I'm looking forward to coming up...things I would love for you to be a part of. One day you will. And it will be perfect! Perfectly timed! I know this for certain.
Until then, sweet Baby J, we will continue to pray for you and the sweet angel who is/will be carrying you! We will pray and long for the day we meet!
I love you!
Love,
Mama
3 comments:
Happy Easter weekend!! I know that your little one will one day enjoy all the Johnson family traditions. Can't wait to see photos from the annual Easter egg hunt!
Megan,
I've been praying for you all as you anxiously await Baby J's arrival. I am certain God will answer all prayers in due time! Thank you for sharing such a private part of your life...you never know who your story may touch!
XOXO-NATOYA
So sweet, what a blessed baby he/she will be to have you as mommy!
Post a Comment