'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus

Sunday, July 22, 2012

 I'm so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

In February of last year, Russ and I took a step out in faith.  We stepped away from the shore toward what we felt the Lord calling us to.  We began our journey to adoption.  Never could I have imagined the outpouring of love, concern, encouragement, support, and prayer over the last year and a half.  Every step we took seemed like "immeasurably more" than we could have ever asked or imagined.  There were many moments we both felt discouraged and wanted to grasp control.  But, it was the encouragement and prayers of you...our prayer warriors...that kept us going.  Month after month, placement after placement, holiday after holiday...you were faithful.  We have been overwhelmed with thankfulness...and even more convicted to trust Him with everything.

Some days sure did seem sour!

But, OH, 'tis SO SWEET to trust in Jesus!


Our life changed on July 18 at 8:58 a.m., when Miss Millie Janalee Johnson entered this world weighing 6 pounds 13 ounces and measuring 20 inches long.  A beautiful, sweet, spotless bundle of inexplicable joy!  Born to a pair who have taken hold of a piece of our hearts forever...because we share a love for this little one.  This little one who holds our whole hearts...

Miss Millie Janalee!


Over the last month, Russ and I have certainly traveled a journey we never could have prepared for.  It has been a journey full of tears, fears, nerves, excitement, and indescribable beauty.  Most of all, it has been a month full of amazing experiences FAR greater than anything we could have ever imagined!  The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with JOY...pure JOY!  Thank you, Lord, for YOUR beautiful, perfect plan WELL WORTH THE WAIT!


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him! 
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!
post signature

33 comments:

BumbersBumblings said...

CONGRATS!!! She is beautiful!! I'll keep you and her birth family in my prayers!

Roan said...

Welcome Millie Janalee!!! She is just beautiful!! I admire how you and Russ have traveled this journey with such faith. Words cannot describe how happy I am for you!

Also....love the blog makeover. It's perfect!

I'll see you very soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh Megan, I am so excited for you and Russ. What wonderful news and answer to prayers. God is so good!! Can't wait to see more pictures and see her wrapped in maroon and white soon! :)

Katie said...

Congratulations. She is absolutely precious. I have a one and a two year old daughter and they are my life and have me wrapped around their little fingers. Something tells me you feel the same way already, about your little Millie.

Unknown said...

Megan, Millie is gorgeous! I know that Russ and you are so proud and grateful for her. It's amazing what God has in store for us even when we have trouble seeing it....and all for His glory. Congrats!

Terri said...

My eyes are filled with tears as I read your blog and Facebook this morning! So many family, friends, and blog buddies have been praying for you and Russ! Don't you just love miracles? Between Roan's past illness and your adoption journey, how can anyone not believe and trust in our Lord! Blessings to you and your entire family!

Lynn said...

Love your new blog design!!! So, so sweet! I can't stop looking at all Millie Janalee's precious pictures! Can't wait to meet & hold her!!!

Kelley said...

So happy for your family! I now how excited y'all are for this wonderful blessing. Little girls are the best!

Emily said...

Congrats to your sweet family! I've been following your journey since the beginning -- this is such wonderful news and I'm so incredibly happy for you guys! I know you will be amazing parents to precious Millie :)

Dale and Holly said...

Oh Megan, every time i see photos of your beautiful daughter I just cry! I'm so happy for you and and I can't think of a nicer couple....Millie is so lucky to have you for parents :)

audrey said...

YAY!!! That is such awesome news. Congratulations!!!

Jenny said...

I have silently followed your blog for awhile and just checked it today... and I started to cry. Praise the Lord! I am so happy for you guys! God is so faithful! Congratulations!

Amy said...

I've been following your blog for some time now (maybe from Kelly's Korner?), and I am SO excited for ya'll. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She is just precious! I can't wait to hear more!! Please don't stop posting!!

maureen said...

Oh congratulations!! Such a blessing! I am crying at this moment I am so excited for you both!

Welcome little one.

Prayers answered in abundance!

Anonymous said...

Praise the sweet name of Jesus!!!! She is beautiful, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
Love, The Shook's

Amber Garner said...

Congratulations!!!! I have followed your blog and have seen God's sweet plan unfold!! She's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! She is absolutely beautiful and I know you two are overjoyed with your sweet blessing! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear more about her.

Anonymous said...

Megan, I'm friends with Roan and have been praying for a long time for your family. I'm so happy for you and Russ! Your little girl is just beautiful and I know y'all are so proud. I will wear one of my shirts tomorrow and make sure I tell everyone I see how prayers were answered.
Blessings,
Kathy Hammons
(the girl who flagged you down in the parking lot at Kohl's in Jackson)

Rossie said...

Oh Megan she is precious!!! I'm so thrilled for y'all. What a sweet, sweet blessing! Glory to God!

Kirk Family said...

Congrats!!! Megan, she's beautiful. I'm so excited for you and Russ.

shelby mckenzie said...

megan and russ,
i have never met you guys and i don't remember how i found your blog, but i have been reading for a while now. i am so so so happy for you guys!!! i have been praying along with everyone else and this is such amazing news. God is good!!! can't wait to read all about your precious little girl.

Unknown said...

So beautiful Megan! She will be one spoiled lil girl!

Lorna Thurston said...

Congrats Megan and Russ!!
I am not sure you if you will remember me, but we spoke to you guys at Bethany when you and Russ were starting your adoption journey. I found your blog somehow after that meeting and I have been following your journey to Millie Janalee ever since! :) I am so happy for you guys and I can truly relate to the JOY you guys are feeling right now!!

From another Bethany Mom,
Lorna Thurston

Bonnie Wright said...

In regard to your ABOUT ME section: You're not a "wannabee mommy" anymore! You ARE a mommy! Congratulations again Mama Megan.

Tamara J. said...

Megan,

Even though we don’t know one another, I’ve followed your blog for a long time and my heart is bursting with joy for you and Russ! Congratulations on your absolutely adorable bundle of joy! So incredibly happy for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations !! I'm a friend of Roan and Jimmy's. We have met at some of the kids spartan races but you might not remember me. I'm so happy for you and Russ. She is beautiful! !!! :-)
Erica

Matt and Lindsey said...

We are so happy for you new Mama & Daddy! Millie Janalee is absolutely precious and is so blessed to have you 2 as her parents!! We love you guys and are praying for you as you adjust to parenthood...Love from down here in San Antonio, The Stevens

rachel said...

Hooray! Congrats!

Erin said...

MEGAN, I'm soooo excited for you and Russ and your family. What an awesome story! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!! CONGRATS seems so inadequate. She's beautiful!!!!!!!!!

lsunursekim said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl! Answered prayers!!! Enjoy every moment with that precious angel!

Ashley said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful! Enjoy every second!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know you, but as someone who is interested in adopting, I've been following your blog for some time now. I'm so happy to see your brand new baby girl! I know you must be overjoyed! Congratulations, and I wish you three a lifetime of sweetness together!

Jenn said...

I wanted to cry tears of joy when I saw this, I am so excited for you and your family. I have read your blog for some time now, and have prayed for y'all, enjoy your little bundle of joy, it's the best thing in this world