After our fun and full day at Grant's Farm with the family, we came back home and rested a bit. Millie Janalee took a good nap as we prepared for the final celebration. A birthday party! When she woke up, she was able to dress the part thanks to Pawpaw and Susu's birthday present. While Russ and the guys had already begun the supper preparations, Millie Janalee came out for her party debut! She was the star of the show after all.
![]() |
| "Well, Uncie Buck. Tell me what you think..." |
![]() |
| "It's my party and I'll dance if I want to!" |
I digress.
Russ prepared some delicious sish kabobs (I had to Google that to make sure it was an actual word.) for supper. We decided to eat light since we had literally eaten lunch shortly before. The only other food we had was amazing sausage marinated in yummy sauce Dustin and Russ picked out at the General's Store at Grant's Farm. And cake of course. It was more than enough!
![]() |
| The chef at work |
![]() |
| Lee and Hughes with their own personal Off clip |
| Visiting and relaxing on a summer evening |
In all seriousness, she loves her baby cousin. She has adjusted well and loves to talk to him, kiss him, hug him, and share his paci. She doesn't mind that he takes some attention. She has just learned to make sure she's near so that we are all still looking at her too. Haha!
![]() |
| Kissing cousins! |
![]() |
| The beginning of lots of trouble I'm sure |
When Russ finished grilling, we all enjoyed our dinner with the birthday girl and prepared for gifts and cake. Because that's what kids care about at birthdays, right?
| My sweet family! |
She was blessed with so many fun things this year. Friends and family who mailed sweet gifts to our new home and family who brought the fun in person. She loved it all! And, to my surprise, never cried to open the packaging before all the gifts had been opened. In true Smith fashion, the adults were as into the toys as Millie Janalee was. We are reliving our childhood though her I think.
When the gifts were opened and displayed nicely on the table, it was time to make a wish! I lit the TWO candles on her Minnie Mouse cake and we sang "Happy Birthday" to our sweet girl. And as the song ended, she leaned over and blew out the candles like she has been doing it all her life. She performs well for an audience. Ha!
| Making her wish and blowing her candles |
I turned my back to get a knife for the cake, and this happened...
Hahahaha! Hilarious! Proper and polite no more. It was her birthday and her cake, so I did what every mother would do. I let her take a few more bites before cutting a piece for everyone else. I love those little bite marks!
I served the birthday girl her cake first, and she was ready to dig in. As if we didn't already know that!
For the encore, Millie Janalee, Kristin, and Dustin wanted to watch "Froyez" (Frozen). Russ and I gave Millie Janalee her own Elsa gown for her birthday, so she dressed the part as we played the "moooyee". She only took her eyes off to dance like Else or sing and twirl like Anna. The rest of us pretty much just watched her watch the movie. And we videoed her watching the movie. That's how we roll.
It's like watching a bonfire.
But it's way more entertaining than a bonfire, don't you think?!
Sunday after brunch, the family got ready for the road trip home. Millie Janalee and Hughes got some quality time in before they left. She patted his head and hugged him and kissed him...as we tried to keep her from suffocating him.
After a tearful goodbye (more from the grown-ups than the babies), we decided to blow bubbles outside. Bubbles cheer anyone up.
It was a happy happy weekend! Celebrating a happy happy birthday! And a happy happy girl! I love this little two year old of mine. God has blessed us. May he always bless her.












No comments:
Post a Comment