Sunday Funday

Friday, August 1, 2014


After our Fourth of July weekend, we were happy to spend a Sunday Funday at home.  Russ worked that Sunday morning, so after lunch we were able to all just hang out together at home.  We spent some time at the playground in our townhome complex.  It was HOT!  Millie Janalee never seems to mind the heat like we do.  Ha!  Her favorite thing to do is swing.  She could literally swing for hours.



Russ was able to talk her into checking out the big slide on the "big kids side" of the playground.  She is quite the cautious one.  Believe it or not!  Big personality...cautious to act.  With a little encouragement and a sliding partner, she did it!




At this point, I was dying from the heat and suggested we walk home.  Ummm...well...you can tell by her face how she felt about it.  But you can also tell by this face just how hot it was.  The girl was soaked!


The best way to end a sweet summer evening after a hot day outside is to sit outside and eat watermelon.  Millie Janalee tried her first bit of watermelon.  I kinda had a feeling it wouldn't fly.  She is such a texture person, and watermelon does have a different texture.  It looked promising at first...


But it was soon clear that she wasn't a fan.  Haha!


I got her to give it one more try so we could take a bite together...


But she much preferred sitting in her chair with a juice pack instead while her daddy and I enjoyed the fresh watermelon.  Sweet summertime!


Have I mentioned lately how big she's getting?!  Look at those sweet little legs and that big grin!  I'm obsessed, to be honest.


Sunday Fundays are the best!
post signature

1 comment:

Allison said...

She is adorable and yes, getting big.