Smith's First Trip to Church

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

We had a few firsts over Christmas in our hometown.  Smith got his eight weeks shots two days before we left for Christmas, so he made his debut to church in Mississippi.  Getting two babies ready for church alone (remember Russ was still in Missouri working at this time) is no joke, so there are no sweet posed pictures before church.


After church and lunch with my family, we stopped by Maw Maw's for a little visit.  Millie Janalee walked up in her sweet red winter coat and knocked on the door.  Maw Maw was thrilled to find two sweet dressed up babies at her door!

Maw Maw, Millie Janalee, Smith, and me
Sweet boy in his Christmas gown
My mom joined us for the visit.  I have gotten to where I only go with another adult, because as you probably know...great grandmothers have lots of breakables sitting around.  And Millie Janalee is fast.  And Smith is completely dependent on us.  So taming the wild Millie Janalee alone while holding Smith or talking to Maw Maw isn't exactly the most fun thing to do alone. Ha!  Millie Janalee loves visiting Maw Maw!  And I'm sure Smith will feel the same way.  I know the feeling is mutual!



Having a newborn during the holidays is just the sweetest time!  Smith was an angel at church and I think he loved all the extra attention.  We got word the following day that one child in each of their nursery rooms had the flu.  I don't know how, but we avoided it thankfully!  I feel like we have missed the flu by the skin of our teeth all winter.  It's not over, but I'm always praying for good health in our home!  Whew!  Close call.
post signature

No comments: