Everything about our move feels like it was totally and completely meant to be. From Russ's job and buying our perfect house to getting Millie Janalee in a fabulous preschool and having some of the best neighbors. It really has been a great experience so far.
Last week, Russ and I took Millie Janalee to her Preschool Open House to meet her teachers and all her new "fwiends." She is one of two new students in her class, and I think the other little girl is native to the area...so we are actually the only newcomers. Everyone was so welcoming and couldn't wait to meet the new parents in the room and find out who the little girl with the glasses was. We were blessed with an amazing teacher, and we cannot wait to hear all about each school day. We were some of the first ones there and some of the last ones to leave.
I blame that on the playground...
My parents took Smith with them to celebrate my brother's birthday in Starkville. So Russ and I had Millie Janalee all to ourselves for the night. We asked her what she wanted to eat for supper. I had a fun hibachi grill in mind. She wanted pancakes. So that's what we did. We and a big date night at IHOP. Where she didn't even eat her pancake!
But, that's okay. We celebrated her.
Millie Janalee has been SO EXCITED about school and playing with her "fwiends." I have been excited for her. I just can't believe how fast the time went. When did I turn my back for her to grow up? She looks so grown. And acts it too! We have struggled through potty training, and we are improving. We are learning to obey, and it's a process. We are loving her fiercely. And she loves back.
As I watched her play in her new classroom the night of Open House, I began to pray that she be the friend who is kind and compassionate. The friend who welcomes the new student. The friend who asks the little girl sitting alone to play. The friend who sees someone crying and offers a hug. I began to pray for compassion. Because those are the things I hope the other friends offer her. It's funny how you can worry about a three year old being accepted and loved for who she is. Because we all know three year olds don't really care. They play alone or with others - usually without prejudice. Ha!
I pray for a great year of making new friends and having FUN! It's sure to be an adventure!






No comments:
Post a Comment