Let's not forget how much this child loves an audience of any kind. Performance? Yes please! She can be in the worst mood, but if you put her in front of a big audience...that character comes out. I was much more excited than she was about this dance recital, since she didn't even know what a dance recital was. I have so many fond memories of my own dance recitals. And I never took tap and ballet, so this made it more fun! I was a jazz and acrobats kind of girl. Ha!
Pawpaw arrived just in time to walk our tiny dancer in. Russ and my sister were gracious enough to be one of the first people in line to save a seat. If there's anything this family is good at...it's getting great seats! Arrive 2 hours early for a 15 minute performance? You bet! We had perfect seats on the second row right in the middle.
Millie Janalee's little class was the first in the show. As the lights went out, little tap tap taps were heard across the stage as the girls took their place. Then the lights came up, and the music started as the audience said "Awwww!" almost in unison. I have to agree. A row of 3-4 year olds in tap shoes and primped hair and makeup is pretty much the greatest sight ever!
The girls did an amazing job! Our little group of moms talked after, and we are pretty sure it was the best we had ever seen them do. And at least two of us may or may not have had tears in our eyes while they danced their little hearts out to "Papa Loves Mambo."
Pawpaw had to leave at intermission to make it to the wedding he was performing that afternoon, so my sister joined us for lunch after. She brought a special gift from Susu, Pawpaw, Buck, and her family. A special jewelry box with a twirling ballerina dancing to the music as it played. I had one just like it as a little girl. Such a treasure! There was also a special tiny lace purse that Maw Maw had made years ago. She would have loved to watch Millie Janalee in her dance recital! She loved all things girly!
Russ and I were so proud of this little girl. She brings us so much JOY! Even on her moodiest days, she's my favorite girl. And this may have been my favorite thing we did all year! Definitely in my top five.
This makes me so excited about all the fun things ahead! Gone are the days of mourning each new milestone...as it only reminds me that she's growing up. Now, I know that each stage is so much fun in it's own way.
It's such a joy to spend my days celebrating my children!












No comments:
Post a Comment