Most say, "Don't quit your day job..."

Monday, March 29, 2010

...but I think Russ would be okay! There's certainly a backup plan if this whole medical thing doesn't work out. Ha!

I'm SO happy that my husband loves to take pictures. I have and still do LOVE pictures and taking pictures. The technical stuff? Not so patient. But my sweet techno husband is wonderful at it! And, if you put us together...you have a masterpiece! Of course we always knew that even without photography. All kidding aside, Russ has become a fantastic photographer. Although his first love is taking pictures of nature (he says because nature doesn't give you a funny look or act like you're crazy for a certain pose!), he has obliged me many times and taken pictures of people. That's my first love! This may be the reason the photographer at Clancy's wedding told Russ that I got my shot no matter what. I was always where I needed to be! Oops!

Russ had his first job shooting for engagement pictures today. I was very excited because this means he's taking pictures of PEOPLE! Yay! And, I was even more excited afterward when I saw the results!

Can you guess who?


I wish I could show you more of the 161 photos he took this afternoon, but I must concede to the bride-to-be and wait until she decides what she will use. I did get permission to show two. Only because we knew these particular ones wouldn't be in the wedding announcement in the newspaper...seeing as how people really wouldn't want to come watch two feet get married! Ha!

Are you still dying to know who the lucky couple is?


Yep. My very own sister and brother-in-law-to-be! Wow! That was a lot of hyphens. Anyway, there are SO many phenomenal pictures that you'll just have to dream about tonight! I did help a little teeny bit with editing a couple of pictures, but other than that my hubby ROCKS!

Great job, Russ! Don't quit your day job! But, if you do...it's okay because you have a backup!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

precious pictures! can't wait to see more!

natalie levanway

Anonymous said...

those are awesome! You should definitely be proud. You should do a post about what kind of camera/equipment you use. I am camera-shopping and would love to know what yall recommend!

Anonymous said...

great pictures! Josh is a photography guy too... he even has all the lighting equipment! Crazy, but indeed it's fun! I don't have the patience for the technical stuff either- I'd rather do point and shoot!!