The Good Life

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

 This month Russ is working night float, which means he works 15 nights out of the month.  Sounds rough until you know that the other 15 days, he is OFF!  I actually like this schedule.  Dr. Russ isn't a huge fan...mainly because it messes up his sleep pattern.  However, today I was very thankful for night float!  I worked today at The Square Cupboard.  There are MANY differences between this job and teaching.  One of those being, I get off at 6 instead of 4 (or 4:30 when I get my classroom ready for the next day).  So, I'm not big on cooking big meals.  Okay.  Let's face it, I haven't been big on cooking period since we moved from Jackson.  There are a few reasons for this.  One reason is that Russ and I just don't eat many big meals.  It's not worth it, to us, to purchase all the ingredients and not eat all the meals.  Secondly, our schedules are very different from when I was teaching and we just get hungry before I can get home and cook.  And, thirdly, I'm just not one of those wives that enjoys cooking all that much.  I don't mind it, but I don't love it either.  So, there you have it.  My confession for the day.

When I opened the door after work, I saw a studly man standing in my kitchen...


He was "grilling steaks" on the stove!  We don't have a patio in our apartment, so our grill is not here.  There were also potatoes in the microwave.  All I can say is YUMMY!  Now, I did help a little.  My job?  Taking the salad from the bag and putting it in a bowl.  I also poured the dressing.  It was a good salad too!  Ha!


Yep.  It was a nice surprise.  A delightful dinner.  And just the reminder I needed that...


I'm living the GOOD LIFE!
post signature

1 comment:

K.Jayne said...

Take that shirt off right now and give it to me. :)