Baby J,
Today marks nine months since your daddy and I have been approved to be adoptive parents. Some days it's hard to believe, and others I feel every day of that nine months! Although we didn't really think we would be waiting this long, we are thankful. We are thankful for the things we have been able to do as a "Party of Two" while we wait. We are thankful for this time to grow even more as a couple before bringing you into our home. We are thankful for these days because we feel like each day we wait, we are becoming better parents for you. We are learning, loving, daydreaming, and having fun! I'll be honest, I had a rough March as I anxiously waited for you and wondered about you. But, God has turned my April around! This past month I have consciously tried to embrace this time and be thankful for each waiting day.
This past month, we celebrated Easter. Easter is always such a special time for our family, and I would even say it is one of my favorite holidays! Springtime is such a beautiful time as flowers begin to bloom, grass becomes greener, and the weather warms a little. Days get a little longer, and we are able to enjoy the beautiful sunshine. Oh, Baby J, I cannot wait for you to experience all these things! Easter is also such a wonderful time for us, as Christians. We celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. "Because He lives, we can face tomorrow! Because He lives, all fear is gone! Because I know He holds the future, and life is worth the living just because He lives!" Easter is also a special time with family. We always attend the Johnson Easter Egg Hunt at Aunt Roan and Uncle Jimmy's home. I can't wait to see you in your little Easter outfit with all the children! Sunday morning, we attend church as a family at our hometown church. Your Susu always cooks a delicious meal and we eat off her fine China. It is the one time a year we use those dishes! Then, we have our adult hunt. I know you will love watching your daddy and me race around the back yard with your aunts and uncles! Don't worry. We will let you hunt your own eggs too. Even though we had such fun over Easter, we didn't forget about you! In fact, the Easter Bunny left you some goodies too...including some of your daddy's little jon jons. So sweet!
I also took some time to make a "fly by the seat of my pants" trip to Jackson this past month. I was able to really take time to visit a few friends and family. I never get to do that, and I know traveling with you will probably take some planning. Since I'm embracing our waiting, I decided to hit the road for a long four day weekend. I am so thankful for the friendships I have made over the years. I pray that you will have such cherished lifelong friendships too! Friends that you can pick up with after months of not talking. Friends who will cook tomato gravy and biscuits just for you. Friends who discuss everything from their relationship with God to things I will probably never talk about with you! Ha! Everyone needs friends like that!
So, Baby J...we are working our way into the summer months. In less than a month, your daddy and I will join the Smith and Coon side of the family on the beach. We will lounge, soak in the sun, laugh, cook, eat, laugh, soak in the sun, lounge, probably sing some, laugh, eat, and laugh some more. This family vacation is one that I look forward to taking you one day! I can't wait to share all our stories about our beach vacations with Nonnie and Pops...from our days vacationing in the camper to our fun in the condo. Oh, those stories are priceless!
We are still ready for you whenever God decides to send you to us. We pray for you every day! We love you already, which is so strange since we don't know you, haven't felt you kick, haven't bonded with you. We just love you. It's hard to explain. I'm so thankful for this journey to you!
I love you!
Mama

Today marks nine months since your daddy and I have been approved to be adoptive parents. Some days it's hard to believe, and others I feel every day of that nine months! Although we didn't really think we would be waiting this long, we are thankful. We are thankful for the things we have been able to do as a "Party of Two" while we wait. We are thankful for this time to grow even more as a couple before bringing you into our home. We are thankful for these days because we feel like each day we wait, we are becoming better parents for you. We are learning, loving, daydreaming, and having fun! I'll be honest, I had a rough March as I anxiously waited for you and wondered about you. But, God has turned my April around! This past month I have consciously tried to embrace this time and be thankful for each waiting day.
This past month, we celebrated Easter. Easter is always such a special time for our family, and I would even say it is one of my favorite holidays! Springtime is such a beautiful time as flowers begin to bloom, grass becomes greener, and the weather warms a little. Days get a little longer, and we are able to enjoy the beautiful sunshine. Oh, Baby J, I cannot wait for you to experience all these things! Easter is also such a wonderful time for us, as Christians. We celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. "Because He lives, we can face tomorrow! Because He lives, all fear is gone! Because I know He holds the future, and life is worth the living just because He lives!" Easter is also a special time with family. We always attend the Johnson Easter Egg Hunt at Aunt Roan and Uncle Jimmy's home. I can't wait to see you in your little Easter outfit with all the children! Sunday morning, we attend church as a family at our hometown church. Your Susu always cooks a delicious meal and we eat off her fine China. It is the one time a year we use those dishes! Then, we have our adult hunt. I know you will love watching your daddy and me race around the back yard with your aunts and uncles! Don't worry. We will let you hunt your own eggs too. Even though we had such fun over Easter, we didn't forget about you! In fact, the Easter Bunny left you some goodies too...including some of your daddy's little jon jons. So sweet!
I also took some time to make a "fly by the seat of my pants" trip to Jackson this past month. I was able to really take time to visit a few friends and family. I never get to do that, and I know traveling with you will probably take some planning. Since I'm embracing our waiting, I decided to hit the road for a long four day weekend. I am so thankful for the friendships I have made over the years. I pray that you will have such cherished lifelong friendships too! Friends that you can pick up with after months of not talking. Friends who will cook tomato gravy and biscuits just for you. Friends who discuss everything from their relationship with God to things I will probably never talk about with you! Ha! Everyone needs friends like that!
So, Baby J...we are working our way into the summer months. In less than a month, your daddy and I will join the Smith and Coon side of the family on the beach. We will lounge, soak in the sun, laugh, cook, eat, laugh, soak in the sun, lounge, probably sing some, laugh, eat, and laugh some more. This family vacation is one that I look forward to taking you one day! I can't wait to share all our stories about our beach vacations with Nonnie and Pops...from our days vacationing in the camper to our fun in the condo. Oh, those stories are priceless!
We are still ready for you whenever God decides to send you to us. We pray for you every day! We love you already, which is so strange since we don't know you, haven't felt you kick, haven't bonded with you. We just love you. It's hard to explain. I'm so thankful for this journey to you!
I love you!
Mama

3 comments:
Hi from Kelly's Blog! I am in Central MS and my husband and I are adopting as well!
I live in England and have been reading your blog for a little while after coming across it by accidnet. I think tou are a wonderful family and hope that you don`t have to wait too much longer for a child to bless you. with love Clare
I came over from Kelly's....I'm a MS girl, but an Ole Miss fan (don't be a hater, LOL!)...what a cute blog you have! Looking forward to keeping up with your family news. Have a blessed day :)
Post a Comment