Surprise Family Visits

Thursday, May 3, 2012

One of the many things I love about living closer to "home" is all the surprise visits from family!  Of course, Russ and I make our fair share of trips to C-town.  As Kristin says, "[We] practically live there."  But, having family come for a visit is extra fun for me.

Daddy, Lee, and Kristin
Kristin, Daddy, and Lee had dermatologist appointments a couple of weeks ago, so they made it a day trip.  Since they finished their appointments so early, they picked up Russ from the apartment (he was off that day) and headed to Hernando to visit me at work.  I think they walked the Square for a few minutes and decided to light at Windy City Grille until I got off.  I should tell you that I wasn't off for another hour and a half.  That was some quality time they spent and plenty of time to "snack" until I arrived.  Ha!

Russ, me, Jamie, and Charlie
Jamie and Charlie joined us for supper after work.  They just call themselves a part of our family since their last name is Smith.  We always enjoy their company too!  We enjoyed a long supper full of talking over each other, laughing, and lots of different conversations going on at one time.  Such is the way my family operates.  We rushed out so that we could hit up City Hall Cheesecake before they closed.  Lee and Daddy had never been, so it was a must.  We all ordered our own piece of cheesecake in our favorite flavors, and it was divine!

Always nice to have those surprise visits!
post signature

No comments: