Birfday Partay!

Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Farley!
Happy Birthday to YOU!


Farley turned 7 years old today!  In dog years, that 49...such a little old man!  Last night, Russ and I took Farley to our hometown so he could be boarded today while we are on vacation.  When we arrived, Farley had a birthday gift waiting for him.


He was very excited as shown by his complete lack of interest in anything we tried to get him to do.  We did manage to snap a few pictures of him reading his birthday card.  Ha!


Farley's grandparents gave him a card and a wonderful gift!  A week of FREE room and board!  Yay!  I absolutely hate taking Farley to be boarded.  In fact, I've only done it once.  Never again!  When we went to Disney World a few years back, Russ wasn't able to get off work in time to drop Farley off...so I had to do it.  Let me just say that I barely made it out the door before I burst into hysterics.  I literally cried all the way from Jackson to Hattiesburg.  It was just so sad.  His little tail was tucked, and he was shaking.  Pitiful.  Having my parents board him for us takes that hard part away.  I'm so thankful!


This morning we all woke up telling Farley it was his birthday.  He was elated!  Don't believe me?  Take a look at this....

"Let's PARTAAAAAAAY!!!"
See?  I told you!  He was screaming with enthusiasm.  Hahaha!  We gave him treats all morning and made sure to pet him and hold him as much as possible.  We knew what his plans were.  He didn't.  We knew that soon he would be locked in a kennel at our local vet's office.  Probably whining and barking.  Brodie, his cousin, will be with him...so maybe that will help a little.  We are thankful that our vet takes very good care of sweet Farley, and we trust him completely.  While he is there, he will be groomed and have his teeth cleaned.  I'm looking forward to a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed puppy when we pick him up! 

Sweet baby boy!
I had a fun surprise today at work!  I heard the bell ring, and I looked to greet the customer when I saw Matt and Leah walking in.  Leah and I were block partners in college, and she became a precious friend!  I haven't seen them in forever!  Leah actually sent Baby J a package a while back.  You can see that here.  She and Matt have a 14 month old sweet little boy who I have yet to meet.  It's ridiculous really since they live in Tupelo, and it's not that far.  Totally my fault!  After this sweet surprise, I am motivated to make a better effort to visit my friends more often.  They also made sure to tell me to say "Happy Birthday to Farley!"  Ha!  They are animal people too.  SOOOOO great to see you two!


[Sigh.]

I hope Farley has had a wonderful seventh birthday, and I hope he has fun this week.  Maybe Brodie will teach him how to play "I Spy" or something to pass the time.
post signature

2 comments:

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FARLEY!!!!
Love,
Julie & Leah