Happy Father's Day Weekend

Monday, June 18, 2012

So Russ worked this weekend, and I traveled home alone to pick up Farley and spend Father's Day with my dad.  Farley has been at my parents' house since they picked him up from the vet following our beach vacation.  We missed him so badly.  Basically, I held, baby talked,  and snuggled him all day Saturday.  Ha!  Friday night, I met my sister-in-law and brother-in-law at a local restaurant for a much needed catch up dinner and fun!

Me and Jenny...courtesy of Jeff's iPhone
After dinner, Kristin and Lee stopped by to join us before taking me with them to see Rock of Ages.  If you love 80's music, you may like this movie.  There's not just a whole lot to the plot...but the music is great!  It made me wish I had grown up during 80's music times!  Ha!  Plus...I'm kinda obsessed with Julianne Hough.


I spent my Saturday shopping around town with my sister and snuggling on the couch with Farley.  We had a family movie night Saturday night and watched We Bought a Zoo.  It was great!  I had already seen it, but I watched it with the group.  This movie will make you laugh one second and cry the next.

Mama
Daddy had foot surgery Friday, so we laid low Sunday.  My mom decided to have a Father's Day cookout late Sunday afternoon.  I stopped by Maw Maw's to visit before the cookout.  We ended up shopping at Belk before heading to the house.  We both purchased a few items on sale...none of which we needed.  But it's certainly genetic.  Shopping just makes you feel better.  Ha!

Maw Maw and Brodie
We enjoyed a beautiful day outside watching the "grandpups" chase each other around the back yard.  They have a love/hate relationship.  They love each other.  Then they growl and snap at each other when the play gets too hard.  Mostly...it's playful love!

Farley chillin' with his cuz!
While Mama grilled the burgers, Maw Maw and I solved all the world's problems. But we did it in style!  I mean, who else has the same sunglasses as their grandmother!?  Maw Maw has more fashion and bling than I ever had!  She can shop for us and be right on target!  QVC helps her a little with that, I'm sure. 

Maw Maw and me
Daddy found a semi-comfortable position so he could enjoy the outside air.  Farley must join him at all times.  Brodie was probably under the table somewhere.  Both dogs definitely take to their grandaddy very well.  No surprise!

Daddy and Farley
Russ and I are blessed with amazing fathers!  Spiritual leaders in our homes, our fathers have shown us by example how to live.  My dad certainly was a picture of Jesus to us growing up.  Because of how my dad loves me, I can only imagine how my Heavenly Father loves me.  I am so thankful for my daddy and his constant reminder to "Remember Whose you are!"  Thankful for a dad who isn't afraid to have a little fun too...


I am also thankful for Russ's dad.  I am thankful for the way he raised my husband to be the amazing father he will one day become.  I am thankful both Russ and I have fathers who are committed to their families and strive to be a Godly example to others.


I was happy to celebrate Russ on Father's Day too.  I find myself daydreaming more and more of the day Russ will become a father himself.  I have absolutely no reservations about the fact Russ will be the most amazing dad!  I know I have already gushed about him in some previous posts, so I won't go on and on today.  Just know that I am incredibly blessed with ALL the men in my life!

Russ's anniversary/Father's Day gift...an original painting of Farley!  LOVE IT!
Thankful for another fun weekend with family celebrating the men in my life!  Counting my blessings daily!
post signature

No comments: