Our Day in the Garden

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

 Yesterday, Russ had an unexpected doctor's appointment...which led to an unexpected day off!  Yay for me!  We woke up and headed to the pool for our morning sun before showering and heading to the doctor's office.  On the way, I suggested we go to the zoo afterward.  It was a beautiful day!  When I looked up the zoo hours, I realized we may not have enough time to enjoy the cost of two zoo admissions, so I suggested something new.  We have never been to the Botanic Gardens, so we made the decision final. 


I'm sure the spring is the best time to go, but we enjoyed it nonetheless.  We had quite an eventful day, so a day strolling around the gardens and just being silly was just what the doctor ordered!


I must say that "My Big Backyard" was my favorite part.  Needless to say, it was for kids...which made it perfect for me!  I mean, look at all this fun stuff...

Living Room
Bathroom
Flower "Beds"
And a nursery too!
We were hot.  We were sweaty.  But, we were having a ball!  Nothing fancy about this trip.  Just a leisurely stroll in the garden discussing whatever topics came to mind.  Lots of discussion about Baby J, of course!

Just a swingin'!
Russ chillaxin' in the hammock swing!
Russ and I laughed at ourselves the whole time, because we were two grown adults acting like kids.  Whatever we felt like doing...we did.  We spent a big chunk of our time in My Big Backyard as you can see...

Russ...about to be eaten by the huge spider!  You couldn't pay me to get under that spider...real or not!  Ha!
You can hula hoop wherever you are!
 We met one of the groundskeepers along the way, and he invited us to pick our own figs from the fig trees.  Russ is the brave one who ate one before bed.  We ended up with three large figs to take home.


 Russ is so proud...


So...I would say that our unexpected day off turned into quite the FUN adventure!  Love it when I get some fun time with my hubby!  And I LOVE him...in case you didn't know that already!  Ha!
post signature

1 comment:

rachel said...

Ok! Reading this post after seeing your updated adoption timeline makes me know why this day was "unexpected and eventful!" Still so excited for you. It's so fun to be excited for someone I've never met! Yay, babies!