MSU Homecoming

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

This past weekend, we made our way to Starkvegas to celebrate MSU Homecoming and cheer on our Bulldogs as we battled against Bowling Green.  It was an evening game, so we enjoyed a full day of tailgating.  This was Millie Janalee's second big tailgating day this year, and I tried to come as prepared as last time. 

She kept herself pretty occupied, and I don't think she ever tried to run away this time either.  It was a successful day!  One without whining...although she did fight her nap...and one full of more memories made.  Sadly, memories without Russ.  Again.  Such is life I suppose.

Auntie Kristin reading to Millie Janalee and "baby lime"

Millie Janalee spent some time on her blanket loving on her baby when I looked over and saw this!  I jumped straight up running for my camera.  When did my baby learn to feed her baby?!  It is so precious! And it makes me sad that she's growing up so!  Gosh, I love this little mama!

"Excuse me, Mama.  I'm trying to feed my baby."
"That's right baby.  Drink the apple juice."
As always, we enjoy our time visiting with all the friends and family members that stop by to chat, eat, watch the game, and play.  I wasn't able to get pictures of them all for fear of driving everyone crazy, but I did grab a few.  And, I may or may not have taken a short nap in the car at one point.  It was a bit of a lazy tailgating day too.  I'm pretty sure my dad was asleep in his "recliner" too.  Ha!

Cassandra and Sheila
Dustin and Kyle
Me, Anna Kate, and Seth (my nephew and his girlfriend)
Jordan and Dustin (notice Millie Janalee asleep on the quilt in the background...as we take the tailgate down around her. Ha!)
We are thankful for the time and energy my parents spend setting up, loading up, purchasing, taking down, and loading back up the tailgating supplies and food only to be unloaded at midnight when we return home.  I don't know how my dad does it every week.  I did catch him studying for his sermon once during the day. Or it could've been the funeral, discipleship training, or speaking engagement he was working on.  I would never make it as a pastor.  Just sayin'.  I barely made it as the PK!  Ha!

Kristin and Lee
"Ooooooh!  I want some of those cookies!"
Dustin and Sheila
Millie Janalee took her nearly two hour nap on the quilt, and woke up just in time for us to head toward Davis Wade Stadium.  She is such a happy girl!  God really showed out for us, didn't he?  She She kept Millie Janalee company while we loaded up the last of the tailgating paraphernalia.  Millie Janalee loves She She.  Sheila's sister also had her baby girl Saturday morning around 1:30 am!  She had an exciting day!


Once everyone loaded up their cowbells and baby snacks, it was time to walk to the stadium!

PawPaw and Millie Janalee
Millie Janalee stuck with Susu and PawPaw most of the game this week.  The sweet little girl who tailgated next to us gave her a face sticker, and she was ready to ring her cowbell by the time the game started!

"It's game time, Mama!"
The game. 

Oh, the game!  Well, we talked about wanting to see a good game, but we certainly didn't mean we wanted to nearly lose.  Our Homecoming game.  We won by one point.  And that wasn't a shoe in.  I agree with my friend, Meg.  I hate that we play up or down to our opponents.


Halftime is always fun watching the Homecoming court on the field and hearing who sponsored them.  I was proud that both the Homecoming Queen and Miss MSU were Chi Os.  The court sits just below us during the game, and we enjoyed watching all the little kids running to take pictures with them after halftime.  I came close to taking Millie Janalee down to take a picture with the Homecoming Queen but thought that was a little over the top.  Ha!  Maybe she'll ask to next year.  And if it's a Chi O, I will gladly take her down!


This picture pretty much sums up the end of our game.  Scared to look, but smiling at a victory!  A win is a win I guess.  We'll take it!
post signature

2 comments:

Joy said...

We watched the game on tv and there towards the end, I was scared to watch too! But, I guess the games that are close like that are the games that keep you interested... as long as we win the game! Ha! Kristen looks great... hope she is still doing great! And Millie Janalee has the cutest outfits for the games. I had to show her off on instagram Sunday at our family gathering. I was asking them to see if they saw her on the jumbo at the game. They all went!

Unknown said...

My niece is a CHI O at state this year and loves it!