The idea was to "white out" the stadium, so I had to get busy finding something warm enough for Millie Janalee to wear. I found this little dress from last year (It was 3-6 months) and tried it on her the night before. It would still work as a top! So, I ran to Target in search of white leggings. The only ones I found were 9 months, so I picked them up hoping they would work. I just couldn't resist the little faux Ugg boots on my way to the checkout. She was ready for gameday!
| She She, Millie Janalee, and Uncie Bucket |
| "This is how you ring, Uncie Bucket!" |
We settled in for kickoff, and we were happy to find fun pom poms in our seats. Millie Janalee was actually afraid of the pom poms and prefers her cowbell. Haha! Fine with me! She stood in her seat watching the pregame show and kickoff. She cheered when the crowd did and rang her cowbell when we did. It was so funny watching her ring that cowbell with all her might when she saw others doing it. And I swear it looked like she instinctively knew when to ring it! She seriously watches the game. Y'all may think I'm exaggerating, but she does.
A man walked down from a few rows above us who has been watching us since last year. He said he and his wife were having a discussion on whether or not Millie Janalee was the same little girl as the little baby they watched last year. Ha! Yes sir she is. True Maroon from the age of 6-7 weeks old!
It didn't take too long for me to pull out a warm hat for the sweet baby bulldog. My neice, Julie, made this adorable pink football hat, and I LOVE it! It is super soft and covers her ears so nicely. Plus it ties so that Millie Janalee can't jerk it off...which she tried to do.
The funniest part about this is that immediately after I put the hat on her head, it's like she was pouting. Or maybe she just got very cozy. She started hugging and kissing me and trying to be cuddly. She sat in my lap, and before we knew it she looked like this...
And she pretty much has no idea what happened in the second quarter...
The game was nerve-racking and not that exciting at the same time. It didn't seem like we were playing very well, and the game was much closer than it should have been. My sister's friend, Ally, came by our row for a visit. She lives in Texas, so it was nice to see her. Millie Janalee warmed up to her nicely too.
And the girl kept her eyes on the game. At this point, she still hasn't said anything since we put the hat on her head. Maybe she was scared it would do something to her. Ha! Or maybe she wasn't sure why she was cold.
By the fourth quarter, Millie Janalee was bundled up and wrapped in blankets snuggling with Auntie Kristin as she watched our Dawgs defeat the Wildcats 22-28. It wasn't all that pretty, but a win is a win!
Our next home game? Alabama. Are you ready for that?







1 comment:
She is precious, love her top, and Roll Tide:)
Post a Comment