The Friday Five

Friday, November 1, 2013


1. {Month of Thanksgiving}  It's November, y'all!  Where has the time gone?  Thanksgiving should be a daily state of mind, but in November we tend to put extra emphasis on our blessings with the celebration of Thanksgiving near.  I usually gear my blog posts toward thankfulness, and I will do the same this year.  Join me as I focus on all I have to give thanks for.  Or simply grab my button on the sidebar to add to your own.  Throughout the month of November, I will focus on blessings.  For we have ALL been given one blessing after another.  My sister-in-law has always told me, "There is always always always something to be thankful for!"  Let's give thanks.


2. {It's a...}  My sister and brother-in-law found out the gender of their baby on Halloween morning.  The day before, she took votes on what we thought they were having.  I decided to let Millie Janalee cast her vote too.  After trying my hardest to convince her she could not take both, I allowed it.  Then she threw the groom behind the chair.  I guess her vote was GIRL.  Ha!  Gender reveal pics coming soon!


3. {One Year Old Prints} When Millie Janalee was born, my mom's two very best friends gave us both a gift certificate to Midnight Pottery in Tupelo to have Millie Janalee's handprints and footprints done in pottery.  After her first birthday, we finally made our way there!  My mom picked up our pottery last week, and I am in love!  These baby prints are displayed beautifully in our kitchen!


4. {God Gave Us Love}  Have you seen Karen's post yet?  If not, go do that now.  I'll wait.  Wasn't it great!?  I have had so many people come up to me or message me about her post.  It has touched hearts...including mine.  Karen was our adoption worker throughout Millie Janalee's adoption journey.  She is literally our "angel" in adoption.  What a testimony her life is!


5. {Maybe She Just Needs Me}  If you are in the midst of late nights, midnight wake-ups, or sleep training...or even if you have already passed that milestone...take a moment to read this article going around on Facebook.  I cried in the middle of Sonic parking lot as I imagined a four-year-old little girl with curly hair lying in bed wanting her Mama.  I teared up thinking about me whispering into her ear, "You are a delight."  Because she is.  Then, I came home and Russ and I worked together to finish bathtime and bedtime.  While I was preparing her bottle, I looked down the hallway and then looked up at Russ and said, "This is a moment I want to remember.  Please try to capture it."

And he did.

Following me to her room for her bedtime bottle.  Little lovey dragging the floor as I hear the sucking on her pacifier behind me. 

Then we rocked.  And stared at each other.  Until those little lids were heavy and closed.  If she just needs me, I want to be there.


How was your week?  Give me the high and low of the week.  And join me as we count our blessings during November.

post signature

No comments: