No matter how many Christmas lights and trees (including my own) you see. It is still Fall. The colors that cover the landscape are breathtaking. Everything about it makes me happy and smiley and feel energized. As I do at the changing of every season.
I am thankful for change.
"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven..."
Ecclesiastes 3:1
All these physical changes remind me of the changes found in the human spirit. People change too. Priorities. Interests. Goals. Behaviors. Appearances. Thoughts. And more...
I am thankful for change.
I sometimes let my mind wander back to my younger years. [That makes me sound old. And I'm not.] Most of us have years of our life we wish we could forget. There is a year or two of high school I wish I could sweep under the rug and forget. Most of the time I do. But then there's a person or a comment made that brings it all back. And I cringe.
People always say they have no regrets because mistakes make them who they are. I disagree. There are some mistakes that helped mold me. Then there are mistakes that just made me look like an idiot. Seriously. And what's funny about the whole thing is all (with the exception of one thing I can think of) the things I regret happened during the small amount of time I was "cool" or in the "popular crowd". Eleven years later I cringe at even the pressure and desire I felt to be "cool." And I look at my life now. I'm anything but "cool," and I certainly don't hang out with the "popular crowd" as seen by the world. I am surrounded by family and friends who have a love and passion for living their lives for God. They encourage me, love me for the mess I am, and are genuinely concerned with the ups and downs of my life...and my heart. My friends and family? They are way above my "coolness" and way above my character. And they aren't going anywhere.
I am thankful for change.
"Do
not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of
your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what
is good and acceptable and perfect."
- See more at:
http://www.prayers-for-special-help.com/bible-verses-about-change.html#sthash.IC3whZ1z.dpuf
"Do
not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of
your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what
is good and acceptable and perfect."
- See more at:
http://www.prayers-for-special-help.com/bible-verses-about-change.html#sthash.IC3whZ1z.dpuf
"Do
not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of
your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what
is good and acceptable and perfect."
- See more at:
http://www.prayers-for-special-help.com/bible-verses-about-change.html#sthash.IC3whZ1z.dpuf
As I watch my daughter grow and change, I am thankful. Thankful for the change she will experience when she makes mistakes. Even mistakes that serve no purpose but to make her look foolish. I'm not naive enough to think she won't need change. We all do. I am thankful to a Father who already knows the days of her life, and I pray that He prepare her heart for His plan. And I pray that she actively seek His plan.
Because it's perfect for her.
"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2
Today I am thankful for change.
.jpg)

.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment