And that made me excited! Extending my favorite holiday!? Yes please!
My family has always traveled to Jackson to celebrate with my mom's side of the family. We used to travel on Christmas Day. Then we moved it up to before Christmas. This year, we just couldn't get everyone's work schedules and vacations lined up until the day after Christmas. And the big change was...they came to us! I'm pretty sure that was the first time ever. But between Kristin and Lee, Me and Russ and Millie Janalee, Dustin, and Mama and Daddy...there just wasn't going to be a time we could all travel the four and a half hours at the same time.
We were determined to make it work somehow. Of course we wanted to see everyone, but the new baby was the real star of the occasion! I hadn't seen Selah Grace since she was born, and I could not wait to get my hands on her sweet little self!
![]() |
| Getting my snuggles |
| Kristin getting her practice in |
This is how I like to celebrate Christmas! Enjoying all the people in my family! Hallelujah!
After a good and loud dinner, we decided to gather in the living room for gifts. Millie Janalee roamed wild and free, and we passed the baby around. Actually, Millie Janalee became a bit jealous and whiny while I held Selah Grace. Ahem. We have some work to do there, I believe. Ha! She had lots of people around to play and distract her though.
![]() |
| Russ and Millie Janalee |
![]() |
| Uncle Howard makes a great cushy seat! |
![]() |
| Kissy face! |
| Pawpaw was demonstrating how Millie Janalee felt in her new scarf from Clancy and Jack. Ha! |
| "But, all I wanna do is give her a kiss!" -Millie Janalee |
![]() |
| Fire extinguisher drink dispenser from Millie Janalee |
![]() |
| Uncie Bucket and Millie Janalee |
![]() |
| Hughes's first tie! |
![]() |
| Uncie Bucket went shopping for Selah Grace all by himself, and this is what he got! Camo with pink lace! Perfect! |
| Selah Grace and Uncle Dennis |
There were tears. And smiles.
| Uncle Howard and Mama |
Millie Janalee and Selah Grace are the same difference in age as Clancy and I were. This is so fun and exciting, because I remember the fun and trouble Clancy and I got into. I know there are some crazy fun days ahead! However, when you look at these two girls now, it looks like "Honey I Blew Up the Kid!" Millie Janalee looks like a giant baby next to Selah Grace! Haha!
| Big baby...tiny baby! |
| Kisses! |
| "Help, Mama!" |
Before we finished our photo session, Uncie Bucket came down in his onesie sleeper! Now, THAT is a giant baby! And he is and always will be the "baby" in our family. Or as he calls it - "the favorite." We couldn't pass up photos of the "Onesie Party!"
![]() |
| Classic |
![]() |
| Pawpaw performing trying to get the babies to smile. |
So that was the end of the photos. Ha!
![]() |
| Clancy and Selah Grace |
I am thankful for the memories made and the time spent with our families over the Christmas holidays. We are truly blessed! It was certainly a Happy Christmas!












No comments:
Post a Comment