History I promise to share here. For those of you waiting for the rundown.
We got the official call on Monday, October 28. We were free to leave the state with our new baby boy! Since Russ had already returned to Missouri for work, I really needed some help loading two babies and a dog and ALL our luggage and baby things. Plus it wouldn't all fit in my car. So my mom was available to follow me back in her Suburban the following day. Tuesday it was!
We drove the 5 1/2 hours home. Without any major event.
![]() |
| I think he likes it here! |
This bassinet is a family heirloom. It has survived 60+ years of babies. My mom, her brother, their cousins, our cousin, my siblings and me, Millie Janalee, Hughes, Selah Grace, and now Smith! And all our names are printed on the bottom. Such a special treasure!
| Home sweet home! |
| Checking in on her "baby bruvver" |
With your own toys and playland...
And your daddy's arms to hold you tight...
Even more thankful for my mom and all her hard work helping me get organized, doing our laundry, ironing, changing diapers, shopping for necessities, and SO MUCH MORE! Thankful for my parents for way too much to list. I wouldn't trade them for anything! We said our final goodbyes before my mom made the long drive home on Thursday night.
Yep. It feels good to be home in our own routine.




No comments:
Post a Comment