Coon Family Christmas

Friday, March 27, 2015

I am finally coming to the end of our Christmas recap.  But no Christmas is complete without a good ole Coon family Christmas!  Christmas with my mom's side of the family never disappoints.  Full of laughs and lots of fun!  Adding kids to the mix doesn't hurt either.

Selah Grace and Millie Janalee taking over Hughes's toys
Russ soothing a 2 month old Smith!  So tiny.
I laughed out loud when I realized Uncle Howard arrived with his camo Santa hat and no one even said anything or thought it anything other than normal.  I didn't even realize it until halfway though the afternoon.  Just a typical day for our family.

Uncle Howard, Selah Grace, and Mama
Always a roll on the floor kind of laughter when it comes time to open gifts.  We pretty much all look for just the perfect gifts for our crazy crew.  Makes for a super fun and FUNNY Christmas!

Always excited for a "pwesent"
Trying to understand that Selah Grace got gifts too...not just Millie Janalee. Ha!
Stud Baby
Yep.  Redneck plunger.
Smith's bulldog pants.  He was so enthused. Ha!
Perfect fit for Hughes!
I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I love being around family who are who they are.  No apologies.  No best behavior.  No filters either.  Ha!  I know they will do anything they can for me when I need it and vice versa.  Always so thankful for family that really is family!  And lots of fun too!

Hugs from Millie Janalee
Jack playing with the girls
Buck - the human airplane flyer.

There's just something to be said for a day full of smiles.  Genuine smiles and laughter.  It does a body good.  It does a family good!


It's even more fun watching these second cousins grow up just as we all did years ago.  We attempted to reenact some photo opps like Nonnie used to do.  I would call it semi-successful.  Bottom line.  We got the picture.  Ha!

"Hey Pawpaw!"
Not sure about the big rocking chair.
Same chair all us grandkids had our pictures taken in.
I'm pretty sure Nonnie and Pops would be proud.  They raised us right.  And we are trying to keep it going.
post signature

No comments: