SNOW Much Fun

Saturday, March 28, 2015

One of the things I was excited about when we learned we were moving up to Missouri was the SNOW.  I just knew we would have lots and lots of snow.  Of course, it is only right that the one year these Mississippians move to Missouri...there would be very little.  So when I went to bed on February evening with snow falling, I was as excited as a little kid to wake up to the grass covered.  I'm pretty sure I was bundling the kids up before Millie Janalee even ate breakfast.  Smith definitely had his breakfast, because that would just be misery if he didn't eat on time.  Ha!

Millie Janalee had never seen this kind of snow.  She was really sure what to do.  So she just start digging and throwing snow around.  Such a joy to see her experience snow for the first time.




Until she took her gloves off and kept digging.  I can only assume that her fingers were stinging from the cold.  And I was alone.  With a baby on my hip, a camera in my hand, wet snow falling, and a toddler having a meltdown.

So we went back inside.  Took layers off and cleaned up all the melted snow between the door and the television where Mickey Mouse Clubhouse calmed everyone.  Ha!


It was short and sweet.  But not too short for a little photo of Smith's first snow!  I'm that mom who brought the bouncer out for a photo shoot.  He wasn't sure about the flakes falling all over his face.  Contrary to what the picture shows...he wasn't crying.  He was just trying to figure the whole thing out.


As expected, Daddy came home to redeem the whole snow experience.  With a kiddie sled!



He spent the rest of the light evening hours sledding the kids around the back of our town home.  Everyone loved it!  Russ and I for sure.  I wish I could've ridden to be quite honest.  Millie Janalee loved it...





...AND Smith loved it!!







We had SNOW much fun on our very first Missouri snow day!!
post signature

No comments: