"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
It is only then that the Lord promises us "a peace that transcends all understanding to guard our hearts." And He never breaks a promise.* STOP WORRYING about things that are out of my control. I cannot make myself pregnant. The doctor cannot make us pregnant. Not even Russ can make us pregnant. (Although both Russ and I are both considered highly needed in the process! Ha!) Ultimately, only God can do that. Don't be anxious.
* Go to Him instead!
- By prayer: talking one-on-one, focused, quiet time, and I prefer on my knees.
- By petition - According to the dictionary, petition means a request made for something desired, especially a respectful or humble request, as to a superior or to one of those in authority.
- With thanksgiving - Don't forget to the "count the blessings" I AM given each day. Come to Him with a grateful heart for the life He has blessed me with. Which, by the way, is amazing! One thing I've started doing, after advice from some of the women in my life, is to make a list of at least five things I'm thankful for each day. I always do that before I write my prayer requests for the day. I catch myself noticing the little things throughout the day more and how thankful I am for those.
*Then, present requests - not demanding! ASKING humbly.
* Go to Him instead!
- By prayer: talking one-on-one, focused, quiet time, and I prefer on my knees.
- By petition - According to the dictionary, petition means a request made for something desired, especially a respectful or humble request, as to a superior or to one of those in authority.
- With thanksgiving - Don't forget to the "count the blessings" I AM given each day. Come to Him with a grateful heart for the life He has blessed me with. Which, by the way, is amazing! One thing I've started doing, after advice from some of the women in my life, is to make a list of at least five things I'm thankful for each day. I always do that before I write my prayer requests for the day. I catch myself noticing the little things throughout the day more and how thankful I am for those.
*Then, present requests - not demanding! ASKING humbly.
Lay your anxieties at the feet of Jesus and present requests in a one-on-one focused quiet time with Him. Come to Him with thanksgiving in your heart for the wonderful things you've been given. Then, humbly ask for the desires of your heart. And, I always like to ask that my heart grow closer and closer to His will so that my desires will be aligned with his will for my life.
No worries! He is in control.
2 comments:
Love you, Daddy
This is so well stated! I am glad you have the right understanding. I will happen in time, just keep praying!
Post a Comment