Johnson Thanksgiving 2010

Monday, December 6, 2010

Russ and I always celebrate Thanksgiving with his side of the family the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Since Jimmy and Roan's family usually has Thanksgiving at her parents' on Thursday, this works out well for all of us. Sadly, Russ wasn't able to join us in Jackson, so this was our first "Thanksgiving meal" together also. Usually, all the ladies prepare sides, vegetables, and dips. Russ's parents prepared a yummy turkey for us, and his mom and sister spent the whole day on Thursday preparing things for us to enjoy. Roan brought a few sides when she got into town, and I fixed a hash brown casserole when I flew into town on two wheels! Ha!

Elle, Will, Russ's dad, Russ, me, and Roan

We enjoyed our delicious food and our time with family. Russ's mom fixed the table so nicely, and we ate off her nice China. Will graduated to the adult table along with his girlfriend.

Clay, Russ, Jeff, and Seth

The younger children and teenagers sat in the kitchen, while the smallest three sat at a tiny table in the sunroom. It's so fun to celebrate holidays with a large family! I look forward to adding to the numbers someday.

Toward the end of the meal, the conversation turned mostly to the big game....the Egg Bowl!

I showed Roan and Olivia how my cowbell app works on my iPhone.

We kept busy as we waited for the game to start. The kids were everywhere! Playing hide and seek, playing piano, running, playing, singing, etc. I corralled a few to help me stuff my Christmas cards. Ha! Another great thing about having younger ones with you! Lots of helpers! Thanks girls!

Julie, me, Grace, and Leah

Another big event that took place before the game was putting up Granmomma and Pop's Christmas tree! We like to do this when all the family is there to help! Russ's parents never have to lift a finger! Ha! The guys put it up, and the kids fluff.

Olivia

Sam, Grace, and Leah enjoyed fluffing UNDERNEATH the tree! Ha!

Me? I kept busy playing a game of Scrabble with Roan and Julie. In fact, once the game started, we moved the game into the sunroom right in front of the television! I won by the way!

Roan, Julie, and me

Then, it was time! Time for the Egg Bowl! Time for my Mississippi State Bulldogs to play the Ole Miss "Black Bears!" I put on my game day attire, plopped down, and got my cowbell app ready to ring! The family gathered in the sunroom for the kickoff.

Russ's parents

Jeff, Jenny, Russ, and Seth

Clay, Roan, Julie, Olivia, and me

It was a great game! A game in which we never fell behind, but a game that certainly could have if we made too many mistakes. But, in the end....my DAWGS left with the EGG!


What does that mean for us? Bragging rights until we meet again! Now, our attention has turned to the Gator Bowl! That's right! We're going bowlin' in Jacksonville, Florida. Will you be there? We will! Tickets have already been preordered and accommodations reserved. So, on New Year's Day, this family will be ringing our cowbells in the sunny state!

post signature

No comments: