If you know us well, you know that these last two years have been difficult. More difficult for some than others, but we all needed this time away. Everyone really made a conscious decision to do whatever they wanted and enjoy our trip. For most of our trip, the cousins spent the most time on the beach.
When you put us "older kids" together, there is never an idea of what will happen. The boys aren't big fans of laying out. They were dying to bury someone in the sand. Not sure what possessed me, but I quickly obliged. So, we started our vacation full force!
There really is not much to say about our trip because all we did was sit out in the sun. All day. Every day! I was usually the first one out. I would go out around 10 in the morning and have my alone time as I watched the waves crash on the shore. By noon, the whole crew was lined up and conversation was lively!
Most of you know what a big deal it was when Russ would actually get out in the sun. He doesn't do that! But, on occasion he would sit out in the sun and talk or study. My sweet little nerd man!
Lee and Russ in the shadeOf course, the boys can't sit still for long. That's when it was time for football!
...or fishing for minnows by hand! Ha!
The Coon family never goes on a normal vacation! This has been proven for the last 50+ years. So, while eating lunch on the balcony one afternoon, we look to our right to see this....
A waterspout!Of course, the intercom asked everyone to take cover. But, as I looked around...everyone was doing just as we were. Standing on the balcony taking pictures and watching! Ha!
Yep, we stayed out on the beach all day. Until sunset most days....
The only worry in the world was if the tide was gonna reach my chair!
Trust him. He's a doctor! Ha!Each year, we celebrate a few things while on our beach vacation. First, we all celebrate my parents', our, and Kristin and Lee's anniversaries. We also celebrate Uncle Howard's birthday each year!
Our Big Energizer Bunny! He works harder than anyone I know!We stayed in and cooked every night except one. For our nightly entertainment, Russ brought his guitar. Not everyone can sit around a guitar and have family sing-a-longs! Ha! We requested he learn some of our favorites including "Dirt Road Anthem" and Zac Brown Band songs. We had the best time!

Take a look/listen for yourself! Don't forget to mute my playlist.
Russ and me
Oh, how I miss the sand between my toes and tide reaching my chair!And, who knows! Next year we could be carrying a new little member of the family! I certainly hope to carry on these happy memories for our children as they grow up.
Priceless family vacation!




2 comments:
LOVE all the pictures!! Glad y'all were able to get away and enjoy life in the present, remember the past and dream about the future!
First of all, you look gorgeous in every single one of those pictures. Second, where is the one piece?
I miss you! Can't wait to see the pics of the little baby Johnson in next years pics!
Post a Comment