Summers at the Lake

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

One of my favorite things about the summer, besides our trip to the beach to kick things off, is summer days at the lake. Growing up, we were spoiled with great friends and their amazing cabin! We would spend many hours and several weekends relaxing and playing at the lake. Riding boats. Playing around on wave runners. Watching fireworks. The boys fishing and swimming. There is simply nothing like Pickwick lake! Nothing!

After all the excitement Sunday, Russ and I decided to join Dustin for a nice Sunday afternoon boating experience. Special thanks to Lee for letting us borrow! What would we do without Lee? One day. One day, we hope to have our own and invite him to ride with us! Ha!




I should mention that I didn't bring a swimsuit or shorts. So I borrowed some of Dustin's! Ha!
Dustin and Russ shared the role of "mighty captain." And, I must say, they did a fabulous job!


As for our fun...we hung out. Literally, parked where we wanted, sat where we wanted, rode where we wanted, stopped where we wanted, and somehow managed free corn dogs from Grand Harbor. We didn't steal them. I promise. They were given to us. Ha!


Dustin opened his early birthday gift from us...the greatest t-shirt ever made, I'm sure. Ha! It was perfect for him.


Then, we just hung out. Staying on the lake until sunset.


Some of us played around...or worked out...or whatever this is supposed to be...


Oh, and we checked out Goat Island to see the goats. They were there. Just hanging out.


It was a fabulous ending to an amazing weekend! Lovin' these summers at the lake!
post signature

1 comment:

Joy said...

Terry's new boss lives on this lake. Terry will be in Memphis all next week and I think he is going to check out Range USA!