Typical Family Adventure

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

 I love my family!  Nothing is taken too seriously.  We always try to laugh at ourselves...and each other.  All the way down to our spectacle leaving Nonnie's funeral giggling from our typical family adventure.  So, this adventure should be no surprise.  But, I still laughed.  All night.  And I wasn't even there!

No, I wasn't present for this adventure, so I will try to accurately tell the story.  I should conduct a formal interview with our family friend, Bill Stewart.  But I'll just try to get it accurate myself.  Feel free to add embellishments at any time.  I'm sure someone else already has...several times!  Ha!  I've heard the longer time goes, the bigger the story becomes.

I'm sure you have seen my Uncle Howard on this blog from time to time.  He is a big man.  Tall and big.  Hilarious.  No filter.  Will do anything for anybody.  Well, he and his friend, Bill, set out fishing last weekend.  I'm sure it was like any other day fishing with the guys.

Until....

 Uncle Howard fell in!  Yes, he did!  I'm still laughing thinking about it.  He fell in...


...lost his camera, glasses, and hat.  Oh, how I wish I was there to witness the hilarity!  Or maybe I'm glad I didn't hear what he had to say!  Ha!  Apparently, his first item of business was finding all his belongings.  And he did...


His next item of business...getting back in the boat.  Which couldn't have been an easy task for Uncle Howard.


Once on the boat, all is well.  The good news?  He still got the fish!


Just another typical family adventure.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.
post signature

1 comment:

Joy said...

HAHAHA, I have a similar situation except, I didn't fall in. This summer we went to a local private lake and everyone was mad because I wasn't swimming in the middle of the lake. So I finally put my brave face forward and got in the water only I couldn't get back out. I was FREAKIN out! After two people helped me, I finally got back in. Needless to say, I'll be the one who stays in the boat from now on! =)