First Snowfall of the Winter?

Friday, December 2, 2011

Not really.

It was more like the first snowfall of the FALL!  Ha!  Mississippi weather is unlike any other.  Sunny with the highs in the 70's one day and freezing with snow the next.  You just never can tell 'round these parts!


November brought with it lots of thanks, lots of food, lots of family, and topped it all off with a little snow!  Monday I heard gossip about the possibility of snow flurries.  I laughed it off under my breath, and I went on about my day.  Well....let me just tell you that it was SNOWING soon after I arrived home from work!  SNOW! 


I'm not talking about spitting a flurry here and there either.  I'm talking heavy, full out, white SNOW!  Here I was without even a light jacket on Thanksgiving, and I'm watching snow fall a few days later!


I'm not sure of the overall total, but I do know that I had to knock snow off my car before I could drive to work around 10 the next morning.  That's more than a little frost or flurry.  Just sayin'!


It makes me wonder what's in store for the rest of the season!  I love snow.  I love Christmas.  The only thing to make either one better is to put them together.  Hmmmmm....I think I'm dreaming of a white Christmas!
post signature

1 comment:

Holly said...

The last photo of the snow is so pretty! :)