Slumber Party!

Friday, December 23, 2011

The first weekend of December, two of our eight nieces and nephews came for a little slumber party!  Jimmy, Roan, Olivia, Julie, and Clay participated in the St. Jude marathon and half marathon, so Russ and I enjoyed our time with these two little monkeys!


Roan said they were very excited about coming over. (I'm not sure if she was just being nice or if she was serious, but I'll assume she was serious!  Ha!)  When I was young, I would always get extremely homesick.  These little ones didn't show one bit of homesickness.


From the minute we loaded in the car, Russ and I were filled in on all the fun and exciting things that happened since the last time we saw them.  There was a fun trip to the flea market, crocheting, funny stories, and lots of knock knock jokes!  Ha!  Farley always provides PLENTY of entertainment for these animal lovers too!


How the Grinch Stole Christmas was on when we got home, so we settled in to watch that movie.  When it was over, we paused it so everyone could get their pajamas on and teeth brushed.  It was coming on again, and we just must see it from the beginning!  Sam made it clear that he didn't need to sleep with the girls in the big bed.  He would make his own little bed on the couch, thank you!  Russ was working, so Sam was the man of the house.


After Sam made his bed and Leah checked the number of gifts under the tree, we were ready to start the movie again!  We didn't make it through the entire movie, of course.  But, we did see the entire movie....out of order though it may have been!


I enjoyed my slumber party with these two sweet kiddos, and I can't wait for our next one!
post signature

1 comment:

Roan said...

Thank you so much for keeping them! And yes, I was serious--they were excited! And I was not nervous one bit. They are growing up, and I am getting much, much better at being away from my children. About time, right?
Merry Christmas! See you in a little while!