Five Months

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Baby J,

Well, little one, it wasn't quite the Christmas we had hoped for.  Don't get me wrong.  We had an amazing Christmas holiday filled with family, friends, and fun!  But, I'll admit that I was secretly hoping to meet you by Christmas.  There were LOTS of people praying for that, as a matter of fact.  Obviously, God has other plans...plans better than anything I could ever ask or imagine!  I spend a whole lot of time reminding myself of that.  I hope to share that promise with you one day!  I hope that you spend your life anticipating His plans for you.

Don't worry, Baby J.  We didn't forget about you this year!  Our families and friends spent precious time choosing Christmas gifts for you!  I got to open most of them, because your daddy had to work on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  I was so excited...almost giddy...as I opened each one!  I have some favorites for you.  I have some priceless ones for you.  I also have some fun ones for you!


Can you believe all that love this Christmas?!  Your daddy and I are so ready to show you all your fun gifts!  I just know you will love each one!  Your Aunt Roan even gave you a girl bib and a boy bib that says, "I Love My Aunt."  She says she has a funny feeling that twins are on the way!  Oh my, Aunt Roan!  Ha!  She also said that we could use the color you need and save the other for future Baby J's.

I had one special gift that I absolutely canNOT wait to see you with!  When I was a little girl, my parents hung a quilted countdown to Christmas on our bedroom door.  It was on mine and your Aunt Kristin's door for years (we shared a room).  When we "outgrew it" (or became 'too cool'), it hung on Uncle Tat's door.  It was the most fun part of our day!  We took turns moving the bear from place to place as we counted down to Christmas!  It is a treasured memory for me!  It was made for us by a family friend, Suzy.  I knew I wanted some type of countdown hanger for your sweet room, so I mentioned it to your SuSu.  Your SuSu spent hours looking for a special surprise for you! She researched and researched and was able to find the EXACT ONE we had!!!  I was shocked!  I just know you are going to love it as much as I did!  She found out that they don't even make it anymore.  But so many children from the 80's are looking for the one they grew up with, they are selling the pattern again!  Score!  SuSu tells me she is going to help me make this.  I'm definitely going to hold her to it!  I'm a little intimidated, but you are very worth it!


Maw Maw has prayed and prayed for you to be here by Christmas.  In fact, she let me know that "she was taking care of it."  When she realized it wasn't time for you to make your appearance, she made sure she was around for the adoption creed.  Maw Maw gave you two Cabbage Patch dolls...a girl and a boy.  With each doll, there were adoption papers with a creed.  She had us read the creed so that she could witness it.  So special!  She also brought you a Christmas outfit for next year.  To top it off, Maw Maw gave you the little pillow we all slept on at her house when we were little and the itty bitty fork and spoon we used at her house.


Do you see how loved and anticipated you are?!  We are praying for you daily.  We think about you, sometimes, all day!  And, I'll admit it right here.  I'm praying to have your first Christmas next year.  Does that sound okay to you?  I guess I better get busy on that quilt!


Some days it feels like yesterday we were approved to become adoptive parents.  Other days it feels like years.  It's only been five months, and I can tell you that it is worth every day of waiting to see who God has in store for our family!

Love,
Mama

post signature

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a sweet, sweet family you have! Praying God brings Baby J into your lives quickly!