We began our Christmas festivities a few days before Christmas with our annual Johnson Christmas party at Jimmy and Roan's. They are always such gracious hosts, and we are so thankful to see and visit with everyone at least this one time during the year. Russ, sadly, had to work and was unable to make the trip. I took off work a little early and followed my GPS deep into the woods of Saltillo. Ha! I only had to turn around five times. Not too bad, I thought.
I was particularly excited about this year, because Russ's cousin (also a precious friend of mine from high school) recently had her first baby. Hunter was born in October and although I've seen Season a few times since then, Hunter was never in tow. I was a complete baby hog all night! I held him as he squirmed and fought his sleep with all his might. It wasn't long before he was snoozing right on his "favorite cousin-in-law's" shoulder. I love that sweet baby boy!
There were several family members who were unable to come for various reasons: health, prior engagements, etc. But, we were so thankful to visit with those who were able to make it. Jimmy was so thoughtful to get a group picture. We need to remember to do this every year!
Once everyone passed out their homemade holiday goodies and said their goodbyes, I hung around to visit with Jimmy and Roan. I always love the time we get to slow down and really talk. Russ and I are so thankful to have such wonderful families! Thank you, Jimmy and Roan, for always inviting everyone into your home to make lasting memories!

No comments:
Post a Comment