Music City Bowl

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Well, Mississippi State managed to squeeze into a GREAT bowl this year!  We were super excited about traveling to Nashvegas and watching our Dawgs play in the Music City Bowl!  Jamie and Charlie wanted to join us, so we ordered a few extra tickets.  I think there were around 10 of us this trip.  You may remember the fun we had at the Gator Bowl last year.

We arrived early on the 29th to check in early.  The alumni party was at Wildhorse Saloon.  It opened at 4:00 only allowing 1500 people before it was a "one in, one out" system.  We freshened up and walked a few blocks from our hotel to the Wildhorse.

Jamie and me
There was already a line down the street, which we stood in.  Once we were seated in fabulous seats by the dance floor, we ordered our supper as we watched the dancing and listened to the band. 

Lee and Kristin
Russ and Mama
Me and the hubs
We knew Dustin and Daddy would arrive a few hours later, so we made sure we had seats for them and made good use of our time until they arrived for our second serving of a full dinner and dessert!  Ha!  Kristin and I joined in on a few dances, catching on as we went.  And, of course, hopped on out there for "Cupid Shuffle" and "Cha Cha Slide!"

Shakin' it!
We had a ball visiting, playing, laughing, and dancing with friends all night!

Charlie, Russ, Jamie, and me
Mama and Karen
Dustin and Jase
I guess it wasn't just friends we enjoyed playing with!  Ha!  The brother-in-laws seemed to have a great time too!  I'm never quite sure what they will do next, but I never tire of finding out!

Lee and Russ
Russ can solve any problem with a pitcher of water!  My favorite part is Dustin's face!

Let's see...I think our group was there about 5 hours before Dustin and Daddy showed up.  We continued our party until around 2 am.  I hung pretty well!  There were a couple who made the walk home after midnight, but the Smiths kept going.  We moved our party from Wildhorse to Big Bang, and closed the place down.  I think it's pretty safe to say that we are no ordinary "preacher's family."  Haha!  I wish I had realized how cool we were when I was in school.  I'm sure I would have invited my parents along more often!

Me and my baby brother
Daddy and Mama
Party of Two
Kristin, Daddy, me, Jamie, and Dustin
The next morning, we all slept in.  We decided to eat lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory downtown to catch a glimpse of the pep rally.  Well, the pep rally didn't work out because of our late start (Imagine that!) but our lunch was delicious!

Game Day!
We made it to the stadium in time to visit with some other friends who made the trek to Nashville for the game.  We got our seats, took a few pictures, geared up with our paraphernalia, and were ready for some FOOTBALL!!

Music City Bowl 2011
Kristin and Mama in their pom pom gloves
Russ and I game ready!  It was a little chilly, and Russ had no qualms about wearing his fur hat!  Haha!
The game was NOT what we had hoped for.  It was not pretty.  It was, however, a win.  A win is a win, I suppose.  We topped the night off with a night in the room playing a fun game of Headbanz.  We ordered room service and enjoyed our time together.  Well, most of us did.  Mama and Kristin were snoring before the game even started!


What a great way to end 2011!  I still have "visions of bowl games dancing in my head" for next year.  So, I'll be in Starkville cheering on my Dawgs this season!  Will you?
post signature

1 comment:

Holly said...

Looks like fun! Love the giant water pitcher! Hehehe!