Movie Night

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Many of you know that Russ has been working a night call schedule this month.  This means that he works five or six nights from 10 PM - 7AM.  Then he's off for five or six days.  The pattern continues throughout the month.  There have been positives and negatives about the schedule.  By the time I get home from work, Russ is getting ready to head into work.  He will have to work the entire week of Christmas, including Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  His sleep schedule is completely off!  However, I must admit there are things I have enjoyed about his work schedule.  I've been able to stay up until 2 in the morning to complete sewing projects, wrap gifts, and watch recorded Hallmark Christmas movies.  Ha!  When he's off, he is not thinking about his next day of work or reading up on some strange case.  He has really enjoyed just doing nothing and spending time together! 

One of his nights off, he stopped by RedBox and picked up three movies for me to choose from.  I was very happy.  Then, he offered to make a pallet on the floor for us to watch the movie.  I'm such a kid!  I love a pallet!  Russ, however, is not comfortable on the floor.  Who is, though?  It's just the experience! 


So, I watched as Russ made a nice little pallet.  I advised him that I like the fluffiest blankets on the bottom, so that my pallet is soft and comfy.  Once Russ finished making our pallet, he wanted to prove to me how fluffy it was.  He proceeds to start "jumping on the bed" to show me just how soft it was!  Oh my!  I do have video of this on my phone, but I'm not sure how to put it on the computer.  All I can say is that it was hilarious!  And he jumped pretty high!


Once my giggles subsided, I broke out the 50 cent candy corn I found at Walgreens.  That's one thing I'm sad about this time of year...my candy corn goes into hibernation until next fall.  I stocked up on the sale, so I'm still sneaking a few candy corn every once in a while for a good fix!  Ha!


Farley took all the activity in stride.  I swear, if he could talk, it would probably sound something like this: "Bless their hearts.  They are the nerdiest, silliest, and weirdest parents a dog could have!"  Ha!  He just looks at us like, "Really?!"


We settled down.  I pulled out Nonnie's quilt for our cover, and we watched two movies.  One Hallmark Christmas special and one of Russ's choices.


It was a fun movie night with my little family!  We enjoyed one of my love languages...quality time.  And we managed a few laughs in between.


Thankful for this time of year!  Thankful for my hubs!  Thankful for my life!

post signature

No comments: