Happy Wednesday

Wednesday, May 9, 2012


Happy Wednesday blog world!  We are halfway through this week already!  In fact, we are almost halfway through the month of May!  Where has the time gone?  Are you taking mental note of all your "happies" this month?  Let's see if I can name a few of "What Makes Me Happy..."

  • PEZ!  The hubs and I have started breaking into all the PEZ dispensers we got in our Easter baskets.  It's become a nightly tradition for us each to eat one packet of PEZ candies.  After all, there are only 35 calories in each package...the perfect bedtime snack!  Ha!  
  • The Voice!  I'm not an avid viewer and supporter like I am for Dancing with the Stars and American Idol...but I'm still pretty conscious of what's going on.  And I must say, I'm thrilled that Jermaine won!  I was smiling ear to ear as I watched him sing "I Believe I Can Fly" with his wife hanging on his neck after the announcement of the winner.
  • OPI's Did You 'ear About Van Gogh nail polish!  I've pretty much changed my nail color once a week or so, and this is by far my favorite...outside of the espresso color I used in March.  Now, I just need to paint my toenails to match.  Right now, I'm looking at chipped OPI Cajun Shrimp, I think.

  • VACATIONS!  Simply daydreaming about our summer vacays makes me happy!  Last night, I was dying to start packing.  That's a little early...especially for me and my latest "fly by the seat of my pants" mantra, but I'm ready!  Summer isn't summer until we take our annual Smith/Coon Beach Trip!
  • The life that is waiting on me!  The life that is waiting for me makes me happy...even giddy sometimes!  I am so excited to see what God has planned for our future! We are letting go of our plans and clinging to the plans waiting for us!
  • Thankfulness!  In case you haven't heard, thanksgiving produces JOY!  Count and list things you are thankful for, and you will see what I mean.  Imagine waking up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today.  Be thankful!  For everything!  Thankful for blessings.  Thankful for health.  Thankful for answered prayers.  Even thankful for the unanswered ones, because we know God's plans are way better than ours!  If you have not read Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts, I encourage you to do so!  It will change your perspective completely.
  • Moments!  When I actually take the time to recognize "a moment" for what it will one day become...it makes me happy!  Recognizing the value of small moments is a gift.

So...what makes you HAPPY?  Do more of that!

post signature

1 comment:

lindsey_marsh77 said...

Hi Megan! I've actually been reading your blog for a while, and never commented! We live in Columbus.. I'm an RN in Starkville. I'll be praying for you guys, especially through your journey of adoption. How awesome! Nice to "meet" you!

Lindsey